Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by Bentley on 06 Mar 2021
  • You are a nice guy!  If you saw it in person, you would bust out laughing!

Looking good!!  :clap:
  • #47 by Bentley on 08 Mar 2021
  • Well, it is ready for the cement.  Did not have as much wire as I hoped, but some is better then none!

Once I get pad #2 ready, will have the trucks come in and pour.  The other pad will be much simpler, a 2x4 form on a 19x22 pad with a 1x down the middle.  Hope to have it finished by the weekend.

• #48 by stickjiggler on 08 Mar 2021
  • Just wondering, how are you going remove your middle form boards with the rebar drilled and passed through them?
  • #49 by GREG-B on 09 Mar 2021
  • Just wondering, how are you going remove your middle form boards with the rebar drilled and passed through them?

Ya don't, it's left in for an expansion joint.
  • #50 by hughver on 09 Mar 2021
  • ...and hopefully it's pressure treated. When's the big pour?  :D
  • #51 by Bentley on 09 Mar 2021
  • Believe it or not, will probably leave all forms in the ground.  Will cut rebar off after it sets. Old wood, no use other then to burn in fireplace.  It is probably 40-50 years old. Will fill dirt right up to form and them plant grass.

I would hope to pour within the next 2 weeks.  Will all depend on when I get 2nd pad done and weather!
  • #52 by Bentley on 12 Mar 2021
  • Each morning I say today will be the day I finish this and 3:30 rolls around and you are not finished.  I guess I need to quit taking a 10 minute coffee break every 15 minutes of work!

It ain't square, but it is level!

• #53 by SmokinHandyman on 12 Mar 2021
  • You are getting a good work out
    Using ta tiller is no fun
  • #54 by hughver on 12 Mar 2021
  • It ain't square, but it is level!

Come on guy, you got it in you, pop a string from each corner and move those supporting stakes to get it square(r).
  • #55 by Bentley on 12 Mar 2021
  • Hugh, if it was 4 board forms & real masonry stakes I probably would.  You have to realize Cheap Screws go up to the hanger, get old wood that was used for scaffolding and repurpose it for forms.  So instead of it being 4 boards it is 8 and 3 in the middle for the expansion joint.  And CS use home made stakes instead of the nice flat metal ones with the nail holes in them.  I can't imagine the nightmare it would be trying to get the mishmash of stakes up!
  • #56 by Bentley on 13 Mar 2021
  • Hoping for rain on the 18th.  Shooting to pour on the 23rd!

• #57 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Mar 2021
  • Some nice racquetball courts you are building there.
  • #58 by Bentley on 13 Mar 2021
  • Use to really enjoy that sport in my 20's!  Took some vicious hits to the back of the legs with that rubber ball!
  • #59 by Bentley on 28 May 2021
  • Missed 2 opportunities to pour in April due to weather.  Been trying to get concrete since May 7th!  Finally have the 9 yards coming next Friday!  So hopefully this will be done in a week and I can start moving logs!
  • #60 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2021
  • I Love the Weather. We have had no real rain for almost 3 weeks. Now, the evening before I need to pour 9 yards of concrete, it rains 2 5/8 inches in 3 hours. Pads are soaked and there is pools of water. You would think it is a script for a sitcom!
Pages:
Actions