Pages:
Actions
  • #91 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2021
  • I wanted a direct drive mixer, so I bought the Kobalt 4 cu ft from Lowes.  It makes all the difference in the world.  It will take 3 60lb. bags with no issue and you can plow thru some mud if you have someone to help you shovel and rake it into place.

• #92 by 02ebz06 on 06 Dec 2021
  • Looks like it would do the job nicely.
  • #93 by hughver on 06 Dec 2021
  • I've done my share of concrete jobs in my lifetime but for jobs that large, I do the forms and just call the concrete guy.  ::) For even larger jobs I didn't even do the forms.
  • #94 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Dec 2021
  • Bent has been doing some concrete work today on the burn pit. Apparently Hawkeye was feeling a bit "Hollywood" and decided to leave some paw prints for posterity.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #95 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2021
  • The make right project was going to be under 3 yards.  The cost for Short load charge paid for half the cost of the mixer and I get to do the job at my Very leisurely pace!
  • #96 by Bentley on 07 Dec 2021
  • Another small job out of the way.  I make a concrete boarder so the cinder blocks for the burn pit were more stable and not leaning all over the place.  Edging is getting slightly better.  Still leaving a trailing mark.  On to finish framing the berry garden boarder and will have 2 of the 3 projects finished.

• #97 by Bentley on 18 Dec 2021
  • Finally all finished and we can order shed!

• #98 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Dec 2021
  • So, at the end of the day, are you happy that you put forth the effort versus paying for the service?

I have no skills that could have made this effort 10% of what you did, but I am curious from your viewpoint.
  • #99 by Bentley on 18 Dec 2021
  • Any time I can reduce the load on my wallet I am going to be pleased.  I wish I had been a little more in tune with what I could handle in one day!
  • #100 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Dec 2021
  • Well them. it sounds like a win..  Congratulations!
  • #101 by 02ebz06 on 19 Dec 2021
  • Any time I can reduce the load on my wallet I am going to be pleased.

I'm the opposite, Any time I can reduce the load on my back I am going to be pleased.
  • #102 by Bentley on 27 Apr 2023
  • Sure you can!

The shed folks said they would not work on that slab, and I don't blame them.  So my only choice since I have to do all the work my self is to put a 2 inch cap on the 19x22.  Which will now be an 18.5 x 21.5 slab.  About the max I can handle in one shot is a 9.5 x 5 section, that takes about 20, 60 pound bags or about 1300lbs.  It will take 8 of them give or take a few inches.  2nd go round is still not pretty, but it least will be more smooth, with out the pitting.

The calculator I used missed by about 4 1/2 bags, so the 1st section had to be done in 2 stages, that will not happen again!

Finally all finished and we can order shed!

• #103 by Bentley on 17 May 2023
  • Rounding the turn, heading for the back nine! 

In the 1st photo, far left section was 21 bags (you can just see where the line is), 2nd was 23 bags (ends right about where the mixer wheel is), 3rd was 32 bags and far right done today was 28.  Will try and split the back nine into equal 66 inch sections.  As we all know math is not a strong suit of mine, as witnessed by the 1st 4 sections!

I am sure it is hard to believe i have no formal training in concrete work!    :pig:

• #104 by Bentley on 17 May 2023
  • Wanna see a picture of soreness?  Scroll down...

• #105 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 May 2023
  • One determined man right there.  I hope your hot tub is in good working order.
Pages:
Actions