Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22369 times)

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2021, 01:17:12 PM »

Just received my second dose today.  :)
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2021, 11:29:17 PM »

I got scheduled.  Nevada opened to 55+ with issues.  I have lots of issues.  Anyone wanna ask me?   :rotf: :puke:
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

jgrayson

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2021, 04:42:52 PM »

Got my second dose yesterday.  No troubles.  Arm is not even sore. 

The nurse did cover the puncture with a band-aid and there was a spot of blood on it, so I assume she jabbed me with the needel.

Have fun, John Yoder YS640S; Oklahoma Joes The Judge Charcoal Grill

Fat Freddy

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2021, 07:42:26 AM »

Got my first yesterday, didnt even notice that I got a shot but was told that now I had to go wait in waiting room for 15 minutes. Even though had bandaid I questioned whether I truly got one. About 9pm last night I felt like a buddy pooped me in my arm. I am a side sleeper and this morning I can sure feel it in my arm but no more than a good bruise or something

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2021, 08:25:20 AM »

Got my first yesterday, didnt even notice that I got a shot but was told that now I had to go wait in waiting room for 15 minutes. Even though had bandaid I questioned whether I truly got one. About 9pm last night I felt like a buddy pooped me in my arm. I am a side sleeper and this morning I can sure feel it in my arm but no more than a good bruise or something

As you are a side sleeper  I would strongly recommend that you receive your second shot on the side you do not sleep on.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2021, 09:19:23 AM »

As you are a side sleeper  I would strongly recommend that you receive your second shot on the side you do not sleep on.

I sleep on all four sides throughout the course of a night.  I used to solely sleep on my stomach up until a few years ago when it was causing some other muscle problems in my neck and back (and probably hip).  Now, I start on my back, then to my right side, then stomach, then left side, repeat...

I did sleep less on my left side when I got my first shot.  That was tough for the first two nights.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2021, 10:31:13 AM »

Still waiting.  Our health district has about 190,000 people.  I estimate roughly 40,000 would be under 16. Then maybe another 30,000 don't want the shot.  Still leaves 120,000 who probably do want. They have only vaccinated a bit over 20,000 in our 5 county district because we are only allocated 2,000 doses per week and so far, they have nearly all been two shot doses so takes a lot.  So we are still in phase 1b.  State of Virginia has vaccinated all prisoners in state prisons who want it and some of the urban districts around Richmond have announced that they have enough vaccines to open to phase 1c.  I am not sure I see the point of a centralized statewide system of distribution if you aren't a bit more equal in how you distribute.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2021, 11:31:41 AM »

NM is still in phase 1b too.
Not sure when they are going to get to 1c (60+).
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2021, 12:18:49 PM »

Sorry to hear about delays. The good news is that the risk is going down dramatically.  Hope you get "shot" soon.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »

Sorry to hear about delays. The good news is that the risk is going down dramatically.  Hope you get "shot" soon.

They are pushing vaccinating teachers and business employees now.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Conumdrum

« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2021, 06:09:44 PM »

I'd like to say, the risk isn't going down.  Every safe move and smart move by YOU and the other folks we can blame for our sorrows (meaning the year BC 300 to now) need to realize that every single infection means one more chance for a change in the DNA of the virus.  It can change. 

Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2021, 06:20:20 PM »

Just found out that NM has moved into phase 1C yesterday, and expect to go to phase 2 (everybody) by mid-April.
So I should be getting an email in the next few weeks to set up an appointment to get the vaccine.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2021, 10:32:51 PM »

I'm still struggling to understand if this is such an emergency issue why the federal government has not taken a leadership role in declaring who gets a shot when and where they can get it.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Conumdrum

« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2021, 11:11:09 PM »

Easy.  Go back about 4 years.  It's an emergency when it kills 500,000 people in the most modern country (now).  And can mutate to kill Billions more. Not sure how more clear an emergency it can be. 

Now?  The govs in the background.  You just don't hear about it in a special signing like it used to be. And a few folks don't be making the rounds on TV or whatever media delivery device is popular with white +50 year old's these days.

It's a bit quieter.  Unless you get it and die, then it's a full blown micro-chip conspiracy.  And fashionable chin diapers.  Man the money they made in the mask xxxx we saw on TV.  How sad....  said the curly guy that is in Gov. He used to be in the medical field too....

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 11:19:20 PM by Conumdrum »

Conumdrum

« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2021, 11:20:52 PM »

I'm still struggling to understand if this is such an emergency issue why the federal government has not taken a leadership role in declaring who gets a shot when and where they can get it.

Sorry, read the Constitution.  Each state dictates how these things are done.  And it's not for you yet, like it is for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up