Pages:
Actions
  • #91 by okie smokie on 07 Feb 2021
  • Hope so.
  • #92 by JoeGrilling on 09 Feb 2021
  • I just got my first Pfizer shot today.  It was delivered by the Stanford hospital system here in town.  I pinged their website several times a day since the first of the year trying to get an appointment.  They finally opened up two weeks ago for those 65+.

Anyone hesitant about getting the vaccine should seriously consider getting it when available.  Someone in my neighborhood passed away from Covid in mid January.  She was 70 and had no other medical conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes according to her family.  I walk my dog Shiloh on a 2 mile circle in the neighborhood everyday.  Almost everyday we would run into she and her walking companion.  She really liked my collie and would stop and pet him.  We often spoke about what our children were doing.  Her walking companion came up to me last week and told me her friend had passed from the disease.  She caught it from an asymptomatic family member from another nearby city in December along with others in her household.  The disease got very real for me upon hearing the news.  This is the first person I knew personally that passed from the disease.  Don't drop your guard, mask up and get the vaccine.         
  • #93 by reubenray on 09 Feb 2021
  • My only chance of getting the first shot in time to get the second shot before I move is today.  I was going to go, but now they are saying they will have a limited supply and some of these are for the people that needed the second shot.  This will be a mass drive-up clinic.  I will wait until I get to Arkansas and get it there.  They are doing appointments there and my age group will come up in April.

Edit:  My neighbors went to the drive in clinic and they are only giving the second shots.  This info is not mentioned anywhere that tells people about the clinic.  There is going to be a lot of upset people about this misinformation.  My only options now is to wait until after I move.
  • #94 by urnmor on 14 Feb 2021
  • I received my second shot yesterday and today I do have some adverse but mild effect.  First my arm is sore and I had difficulty sleeping last night.  I sleep on my left side and I got the shot in my left arm.  Big mistake.  I did have some aches in my bones and muscles, minor chills and very tired.  I also felt weak.
  • #95 by urnmor on 14 Feb 2021
  • My only chance of getting the first shot in time to get the second shot before I move is today.  I was going to go, but now they are saying they will have a limited supply and some of these are for the people that needed the second shot.  This will be a mass drive-up clinic.  I will wait until I get to Arkansas and get it there.  They are doing appointments there and my age group will come up in April.

Edit:  My neighbors went to the drive in clinic and they are only giving the second shots.  This info is not mentioned anywhere that tells people about the clinic.  There is going to be a lot of upset people about this misinformation.  My only options now is to wait until after I move.

Many have talked about the distribution of covid vaccine to include how frustrating it is for many as they cannot get a time slot.  I saw this in real time yesterday when a 73 year old gentleman was denied his first shot because they were only giving the second shot).  He was to say the least livid that they would not give him one and in fact said he was not going to leave until he got one or the police were called.  Having spent numerous hours on the phone attempting to get my wife an appointment I understood where he was coming from.
  • #96 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2021
  • Are both doses the exact same vaccine and amounts?
  • #97 by okie smokie on 14 Feb 2021
  • Are both doses the exact same vaccine and amounts?
    Yes, supposed to be the same brand. I'm sure we will be hearing all kinds of horror stories about mixups and mismatched vaccines, etc. With 150 million or more expected recipients, it would be a miracle to get it all correct the first time. With the time required to arrive, fill out forms on the first dose, and then be observed for 15 minutes before release, I can see why progress is slower than expected. Just looking at an 8hr work day. One shot line can only do about 50 people a shift. The place I went to had 2 lines in a parking lot. They gave the shots quicker than 15 minutes sometimes but told me that the area where people had to be observed would get filled up and then they would have to wait until that traffic cleared the lot before starting up again. So they ended up giving70 to 110 shots per line per day. (many cars have 2 people in them) Not much production for one place. Fortunately now we have multiple places in Tulsa giving the shots; hospitals, pharmacies, pubic health and large clinics.  It is the observation time that is slowing down the process. IMO. Anaphylaxis reaction is rare, but observation is required and makes sense. Easy to treat only if you are there when it happens. (and know what to do). It's gonna take quite a while more to get it done!

• #98 by JimAZ on 14 Feb 2021
  • Wife and I received our first Pfizer doses on Friday.  Scheduled for second dose 3/5.
  • #99 by Kristin Meredith on 15 Feb 2021
  • Seems to me it depends on location and how well they can staff it as to how many vaccines can be given in one day.  Here is tiny Culpeper, they use a college auditorium and give 600 per day. I see they opened a facility at a ballpark in NYC that can do 5,000 a day at that one location -- but they only have vaccine enough for 200 per day.  They just opened 3 sites in Dallas which can do a combined 10,000 shots per day, but again, no vaccines.  And we have thousands of Walgreen's and CVS all over the country that want to give vaccines, but no supply. So it seems we are getting the delivery down pretty good -- and could do probably several million a day in all the US jurisdictions -- we just don't have adequate vaccine at present.
  • #100 by okie smokie on 15 Feb 2021
  • Wonder how much of the productions is being shipped out of the US?????
  • #101 by JoeGrilling on 22 Feb 2021
  • They are finally getting into high gear in the SF Bay Area.  Many mass vaccination sites have opened including one in our town.  My wife got her first dose on Saturday at the site in town.  We were in and out in 30 minutes including the 15 minute wait time for side effects.

Throughout our state, the problem is now supply.  The severe weather hitting some parts of the US isn't helping.  Pfizer is ramping up production from 5 million doses per week to 10 million.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-19/pfizer-to-expand-production-capacity-suppliers-for-covid-doses

• #102 by Bentley on 22 Feb 2021
  • I also saw that Pfizer's does not need to be kept at -90° any more.  It can be stored in regular Rx freezers...Also have reduced the production time...
  • #103 by jgrayson on 23 Feb 2021
  • I had my first shot yesterday.  My arm/shoulder was sore last night and into this morning, but the soreness has greatly reduced throughout the day.

I was able to get my shot at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Washington, DC.  I'm part of the 1B priority group because of the work I do for FEMA.  One of the manager types overseeing the COVID vaccinations told me they are doing about 1,000 every day for 6 days a week.  There were about 100 guys in line when I got there yesterday.  I have to go back on March 15th for the second dose.
  • #104 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Feb 2021
  • I read today that J&J has 4M does ready to ship.  Have they been approved for use?
  • #105 by hughver on 23 Feb 2021
  • Last that I read is that they have submitted the request to the CDC but I don't think its been approved yet.
Pages:
Actions