Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nesco V12 vacuum sealer  (Read 2650 times)

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
Re: Nesco V12 vacuum sealer
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2023, 10:29:34 AM »

Good information.  IDK what I'll buy when/if my FoodSaver crashes.  I have a yen for a chamber unit.

I'm very happy with my Anova chamber vacuum sealer.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2023, 12:52:20 PM »

I also use the ready mades for most jobs. I like the double seal option. When I have to make bags, I first pull just enough from roll to place over sealer, then seal first and then pull down to proper length and then cut. A little easier than cutting first. This machine is simple but reliable for me. I see Costco has packaged rolls cheaper. 

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2023, 01:56:46 PM »

I bought a chamber sealer maybe 8 years or so ago, best thing I ever did, bought 1000 each of 4 different size pouches for it. Ran out of the 8x12 ones and bought more of them, and need to soon order more plus some 10x13.

I went through several foodsavers over the years.

Down side to the chamber sealer is size limitation, although I never tried leaving something hang out side and seal it. I bought a vacmaster pro380 for a great deal got it and a couple rolls of 15" wide bag material for leas than half the cost of the machine, although it rarely gets used.

MikeMcQ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2023, 02:29:41 PM »

When I have to make bags, I first pull just enough from roll to place over sealer, then seal first and then pull down to proper length and then cut. A little easier than cutting first.

:-[ Duh that makes sense! (something like that may have been in the user manual, but, well....)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 02:35:39 PM by MikeMcQ »
Pellet Head since mid 90s with US Traegers (Dlx then Lil' Tex both gone) | Memphis Pro 304 Cart (2019) | MAK 2 Star wifi, front shelf and cabinet doors | GMG DB w/Smoke Daddy modded for fan only cold smoking or normal op | TEC Infrared gas for high temp searing | Tappecue

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2023, 03:09:26 PM »

I do it the other way.
Pull out to size I want, press the seal button, and start filling bag while it is sealing.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up