Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pit Boss Platinum Laredo 1000 from Walmart.  (Read 2591 times)

Curly777

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
New Pit Boss Platinum Laredo 1000 from Walmart.
« on: March 28, 2021, 06:19:03 PM »

Good day y’all. I took delivery of the PB Laredo 1000 this week and put in “some assembly required” this morning. It takes two able bodied humans to heft the thing over twice, and to hold this and that as it gets screwed in from the other side. The manual was reasonably easy to follow along with and things fit together as they should. I’ll call it 3 hours, maybe a little less. The grill seems to be very well built and is well designed. The 1000 includes the two upper racks, of course, but I was aware of that from the get-go. The purchase and delivery were a snap. I’m not usually a Walmart shopper but this grill is made for them expressly. I’ve burnt through 2 (older) Traegers and the IPT, so I recognize a decent grill when I see one, and this grill looks to be decent. My only concern was a possible DOA controller and that proved unnecessary. Burn in went as expected. Toss in $50 for delivery, and $50 for a cover, and I’m at $600 total. It’s a lot of grill, for the dough. Comes with a 5-year warranty. If it cooks as good as its first impression, I’ll be a very happy camper. I will keep you updated.

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: New Pit Boss Platinum Laredo 1000 from Walmart.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »

Congrats on the grill!!!
Happy smokin'    :bbq:
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 07:33:19 PM »

Thank you for the input.  I hope you enjoy it a great deal!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »

Good for you, Curley.

Don't wait 3 more months to make your next post.  Burn that baby in and show us how it smokes.

I'm not a Walmart shopper, either, but they have some items that are unique to them.  So I get it.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 07:51:48 AM »

Good for you, Curley.

Don't wait 3 more months to make your next post.  Burn that baby in and show us how it smokes.

I'm not a Walmart shopper, either, but they have some items that are unique to them.  So I get it.

I agree, get to cooking some stuff and sharing some of the goodness you make with us.

I also am not a Wally world person. Until my present girlfriend came along about 4 years ago I had went to WM maybe twice in about  years. Now I get maybe 1 or 2 times a year. I know many people that go almost every day.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 08:04:15 AM »

Thanks Curley. Enjoy that new pit. That will give you an excuse to help fill in some blank spots on this site with updates, good or bad.  Cook-on my friend.

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 07:35:52 PM »

Is that the one where you can take out the burn pot to dump the ash?
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Curly777

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 06:10:06 PM »

Indeed it is. Works just swell too, for those in between times when you don’t need to vacuum out the grill. I’m liking this grill... a lot.

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 05:20:02 PM »

Indeed it is. Works just swell too, for those in between times when you don’t need to vacuum out the grill. I’m liking this grill... a lot.
I saw that on the bigger Pit Boss grills I looked at. I didn't want a big pit since I mostly cook for 2 & they didn't offer this feature in the smaller grills is one of the reasons I settled on the camp chef. Sounds like one heck of a buy! Happy  smokin with your new pit!
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

njshooter

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 09:49:11 AM »

I just ordered one of those Platinum Laredo 1000 grills yesterday from WM.  my local store had 1 in stock but already built & I want to put together myself.   Currently says June 11 delivery - hope that stays true.   This is my 1st pellet grill replacing an ancient Weber Genesis 1100 from the mid 90's where a gas control valve finally froze up/wont move. (still have another weber Genesis Silver B - driveway find just needed cleaning up) and a few other cooking devices.   Really looking forward to getting into the pellet/smoking thing.   hope my experience mirror's yours. (also this is my 1st time venturing into forums for advice/info on things - my brother uses forums all the time for his RV so I figured why not try one for the grill - looks like a good site/community)
PitBoss Platinum Laredo 1000 pellet smoker/grill (new for 2021). Weber Genesis Silver B LP. Weber Genesis 1100 LP Weber Go Anywhere. Camping grill grates (for over campfire)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »

Hope you enjoy the site!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »

We're rooting for you njshooter!  That new pit should be here just in time for you to enjoy several months of good of good cooking weather.   Enjoy it and WELCOME to Pellet Fan.

njshooter

• Lurker
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 10:29:48 AM »

Update - I've been having fun playing with the new pellet grill when i get time.  here are a few cooks.   the spatchcocked birds i did yesterday - don't think i laid them flat right but they tasted great - 4 hours @ 160 used pitboss champion chicken rub with a butter/honey glaze.  my daughter said might have been my best chicken ever so far.   also a pic of a simple bbq chick pieces did a week or so ago and some pics of a nice set of tools I treated myself to as upgrades to go with the new toy.   very good magnetic/wood hooks work great on the pit.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 11:17:34 AM by njshooter »
PitBoss Platinum Laredo 1000 pellet smoker/grill (new for 2021). Weber Genesis Silver B LP. Weber Genesis 1100 LP Weber Go Anywhere. Camping grill grates (for over campfire)

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 10:55:21 AM »

Good looking cook, and a nice set of tools!

You cooked at 160 the entire time ?
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

njshooter

• Lurker
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2021, 11:05:36 AM »

Good looking cook, and a nice set of tools!

You cooked at 160 the entire time ?

Pretty much.  i started at 200 and 10 min in i thought i'd want more smoke so i set to S setting which is 160 on this grill.   left it like that for 3.25 hours.  it started rainning hard so i didn't want to lose heat & i wanted to finish so i jacked it to 350 for maybe 30 minutes at the end till internal probes were about 150.   i pulled & rechecked temps in house w/thermopen & i was on point with like 155-165 all around the birds.   they sat for about an hour till family got home & i had in oven @ 350 for 15 min to warm up a bit with biscuits that cooked.  chopped up into parts & sliced up some breast meat & all was very nice/warm/smokey/flavorful.   served with some sauteed zucchini (and the biscuits of course)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up