Pellet Fan Performance Testing & Product Tests > Product Tests

Royal Gourmet PD1301R 24-Inch 3-Burner Portable Table Top Gas Griddle

(1/5) > >>

Bentley:
I guess we will try and do this by the book.  I will put the data & cooks in here!

Bentley:
It took about 5 minutes to set up.  I cooked on it, but there is an 8 mph wind and that seems to be effecting the burners.  There are 4 adjustment screws, when setting up, I did not bother to worry how high or low they are.  I now believe that they will need to be at there lowest setting to get the maximum heat with or without wind/breeze.  Let me be the 1st to say that Smash Burgers and just McDonald's burgers when you can only get your griddle to 250°.  Worst case scenario I would have to build a wind break around my table.  But it is wonderful to have lots of space to "smash" patties.  I can say that the Squeeze Inn burger is coming!

BigDave83:
I saw you had some temp issues, maybe wind. I did this, yes kind of rednecky, but it was a spur of the moment thing and a trip to dollar general. People use the Dollar Tree board/dough scrapers also. They hang the loop part towards the inside and allow the flat blade to hang down to block the wind. I usually take this one when we go to where the cousin is camping.

Some thing else, I know I have the issues at time with my blackstone, the safety in the regulator trips. It trips when the gas flow is to high, fast, or sudden. Usually will not heat up when it trips, need to turn the gas off then I open the burner up for a few seconds, close it and turn the gas back on very slowly. I can sometimes hear the safety reset when I do this.

Free Mr. Tony:
I forgot to talk about Tony Packos when I saw you for lunch. They had several packs today at the butcher shop. Let me know if you want me to ship you a couple packs. They would be nice to split and griddle. 

02ebz06:
I had a Stainless Steel wind shield made for a 2-burner stove I had built into the ODK at last house.
Doubled as as splatter shield.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View