Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A failure to conceive size  (Read 1227 times)

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
A failure to conceive size
« on: June 07, 2021, 04:26:11 AM »

I sometimes have a failure to appreciate scale.

Up to now, when I have needed to wrap, I have been doing this with ordinary domestic cooking foil. I do realise that butcher's paper is what is recommended, so I decided to get some.

A search of UK stores offered different qualities in different sizes - from 15 to 18 inch. But these are close to the sizes of foil I've been working with, that required multiple overlapping layers.

Then I saw what I wanted, and there was a stand to hold it too. So I went for it.

In my mind, 30" only meant 'bigger than the too-small 15 inches', not "freakin' huge". Where am I going to put it? Well here will definitely do for now. It may move further back onto the window ledge, or onto the other window ledge in the conservatory which has less stuff around it. It is very portable, so it can go out onto the the large garden table when needed, making it easy to wrap stuff.

But it is certainly going to be big enough for wrapping a brisket, and there is 50m of the stuff there, so it should last me a while. The cross bar has a very good sharp tearing edge.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: A failure to conceive size
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:26:02 AM »

I have something very similar. It does take up space.
At first it was in my appliance closet, but was too high to use easily.
Now it is in my office sitting on a cabinet.
I made a base for it with handles just to make moving easier.

It also gets double duty when I'm painting or staining to protect the table.

This is a picture of it when it was in the appliance closet.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Chris__M

• Food Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 09:43:45 AM »

That's made me think. I have a larder cupboard in the dining room behind me. The bottom cupboard shelf (roughly waist height, with drawers below) is wider than the rest,  which means that thing get hidden behind other things. Which means I don't fill that shelf up so much.

Might be that this could sit in front of my various flours, grains and pulses in their jars, and I'd be able to see everything.

Definitely worth a thought and an organise.
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 07:28:26 PM »

Looks to me you ave enough paper to open a meat shop
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 07:36:37 PM »

Looks to me you ave enough paper to open a meat shop

Haha.  I agree.  I am usually one of excesses, but not even I have that much butchers paper.  I thought I had a lot when I bought a small roll of the pink paper - 18" x 175 ft.  I've had it for about 4 years and still have probably 80% of the roll.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Chris__M

• Food Adventure
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 03:28:55 AM »

I've always held to the sentiment "If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess!"  :rotf:

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 11:00:10 AM »

I've always held to the sentiment "If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess!"  :rotf:

Like Tim Allen's motto on the Tool Time show "More Power".
He once put a V8 car engine on a riding lawn mower.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: [1]   Go Up