Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple Fest  (Read 361 times)

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
Apple Fest
« on: September 20, 2021, 11:30:23 AM »

This summer my wife decided to try her hand at baking and set up a stand at our local farmers market. It was quite small with an average of four vendors each week. She had fun and it brought in a little folding money for the week.

Last week she kicked it up a notch and took her wares to the Sparta Apple Festival (just north of Grand Rapids, MI). They had over 100 vendors with a wide range of products and crafts. She did well and I enjoyed seeing the various displays and talking with folks. You never know who you might meet or run into!

Trooper stopped by and got a cast iron seasoning puck (Canadian John - you might get some royalties after all)!
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

I also enjoyed talking with Pete. He makes a great BBQ and hot sauce. I ended up with several bottles and some good advice for when I attempt to make some hot sauce in the next week or so. If you do a search for: Pete's BIG Jerk BBQ you can read about his products and order online. I really liked his Carolina South Jerk Sauce.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Apple Fest
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 01:41:21 PM »

What fun.  I love the farmers' markets mostly because of the people to visit with.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 04:36:38 PM »

Sounds like a great time and congrats to your wife on her successful stall!

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 07:26:15 PM »

How neat. We love going to farmers markets and as Pmillen said, an awful lot of great people.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 08:03:03 PM »

We have a small one and it will run  until thanksgiving, it moves inside when the weather gets rough. Now it is under some high carport type metal structures. There have been only 10 or so vendors as most of the produce is wrapping up. Everything needs to be grown or produced by them in the county I believe is what the one guy told me. Usually some sausage makers and occasionally a cheese maker, a few farmers with meat, some bakers.

Hope you brought home some good cider and apple butter.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 09:42:44 PM »

Well done all around!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up