Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK Dealerships  (Read 728 times)

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: UK Dealerships
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 09:53:23 AM »

They write "For use in all wood pellet boilers and stoves."  I suspect that they mean heating stoves, not cooking ovens or smoking pits.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
Re: UK Dealerships
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 12:52:18 PM »

Exactly the point I made the retailer. They were pleasant and said they would have their product team look into it.

However... looking in to it later today I found the manufacturer (not the retailer) has doubled down, and is producing a "for pizza oven" pellet as well as the boiler pellet I saw before. The packaging doesn't mention wood type, but they are Scottish, and the majority of the wood up there is spruce, pine and similar. Then I found this on one of their websites:

https://www.woodfuel.coop/wood-fuel-news/pellets-for-pizza-ovens-myth-busting/

"Why you don’t have to use Hardwood pellets for pizza ovens……"

Their "myth-busting" is all about calorific values and ash; and they don't address the sap issue at all.

Now, perhaps you might get away with it with a pizza over running hot (although I wouldn't want to), but the new packaging comes out and says "suitable for all pellet grills, ovens and stoves".

The big problem is that there isn't the same level of awareness over here, and I fear a few people are going to have their BBQs ruined.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up