Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Cart Life!  (Read 2015 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Cart Life!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2021, 03:07:31 PM »

How fast can they get the electric's up to?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2021, 03:21:11 PM »

Thank you for fixing my hijack.
Electric and wowzer, They are North of 120 mph in the 1/4 mile.
When you have a few hours……google “ plumquick” golf cart motors. They are SURGEONS in electric motors. I have had 2 bandit motors built from them and installed for customers. That is where they start and get more vicious every step upwards.
As you know having electric, it is “right now”.
I never would have thought this in my wildest imagination the open field for these rascals. It is crazy. I just finished installing underbelly lights, roof lights and a “wetsound stereo” system for a kid, probably 35 if I had to guess. The cart was a Club Car and he ordered it brand new a year ago from a dealer in Kansas City, had them do some neat stuff but somehow and ( I didn’t ask) him and the dealer got cross. He found us and I finished it……. So I asked him, how much you got in this? He said, once I square with you about $25,000.00
I have built probably 30 carts varying in complexity. So many repairs I couldn’t count.
In 8 months we have sold 57 carts.
Shoot I had trouble making car payments. Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 03:42:44 PM by yorkdude »

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2021, 06:03:29 PM »

120 in a golf cart? I would take that ride, it has 4 wheels, be easier for me to keep it out of the ditch and upright compared to 2 wheels.

I would imagine a lot of suspension upgrades for something like that. But I bet it would be fun.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2021, 07:20:51 PM »

Are you sure you understood the question?    :pig:

Electric and wowzer, They are North of 120 mph in the 1/4 mile.

I was at their website awhile back, I could not figure out if you bought an engine from them or you sent yours in to have them rebuild?  Do you have to add a bunch of anncillory equipment to make the rebuilt engine work?  Their stuff won't even work with Lithium?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:31:02 PM by Bentley »

yorkdude

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 04:30:12 AM »

Typically you send the motor in and they rewind it.
In some applications yes you need to buy different cables and controllers etc.
I havent done any lithium stuff but I believe they in fact do most, if not all the hot rod stuff with lithium?

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2021, 03:46:15 PM »

I live in a lake region where many people have 2nd homes. Golf carts are everywhere in this 2nd home world. I've seen people spend as much 15k on a cart.

The owner of my family business is a mustang junkie. He rebuilds them from scratch with all original parts. He would go nuts for that mustang model.

yorkdude

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »

I live in a lake region where many people have 2nd homes. Golf carts are everywhere in this 2nd home world. I've seen people spend as much 15k on a cart.

The owner of my family business is a mustang junkie. He rebuilds them from scratch with all original parts. He would go nuts for that mustang model.
Sweet, sounds like here….ish. Small lake but very secluded and very well kept. Houses here range from about $200,000.  to $1,200.00. There are 67 houses and you have to have a minimum of 3 lots to build. We got lucky and bought 6 adjoining  lots. Kind of weird but if someone has 1 lot they can use the lake but no structure at all. The dues are $1,200.00 annually and an additional $120.00 per lot. When we bought here 5 years ago we paid $6,000 for each adjoining lot.  1 on one side and the 2 lots on the other side. Now only 5 years later IF you want to sell a lot, start about $20,00 to $25,000.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 04:19:29 PM by yorkdude »

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »

I have a 2007 Western cart. Can't play golf any more but I use it for going grocery shopping and visiting friends. it has 6 8V batteries and is street ready, i.e turn signals, break lights, seat belts, horn and license plates. Top speed is >25 MPH.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 04:32:47 PM by hughver »
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

yorkdude

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2022, 09:19:27 AM »

I have a 2007 Western cart. Can't play golf any more but I use it for going grocery shopping and visiting friends. it has 6 8V batteries and is street ready, i.e turn signals, break lights, seat belts, horn and license plates. Top speed is >25 MPH.
Oops I missed this, I just worked on a Western, neat old carts.
I traded for this club car and it was a mess, sat in a barn for 8 years. I was going to part it out and started and then thought why not doll it up instead for my wife. We bought out 2 retiring cart mechanics and one of them had brand new still factory wrapped bodies, this one struck me as the perfect color (real men drive pink golf carts). 2002 DS 48v and all done except a new navitas controller and plum quick motor, lights and backseat. Turned out pretty neat I think and Gwennie loves it.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2022, 10:09:07 AM »

Did it come this way or did you upgrade it?  We might consider relocating closer to town within the next few years.  I know that our cart could be made street legal with the requirements below.  If you had it done, do you recall what the ball park cost was?

Or yorkdude, can you ball park it?

yorkdude

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2022, 03:56:54 PM »

Did it come this way or did you upgrade it?  We might consider relocating closer to town within the next few years.  I know that our cart could be made street legal with the requirements below.  If you had it done, do you recall what the ball park cost was?

Or yorkdude, can you ball park it?

It was in awful bad shape, wasp nest everywhere, mouse or rat chewed wires etc. I bought it for $200, body I had from buying out another dealer and I know I have been unable to locate this color anywhere, a new cowl and back is around $500.00 my cost but the freight will make you shiver. I put in new batteries $760.00 my cost (interstate gc’s) and the seat bottom and back my cost $245.00. Tires/wheels $415.00, smoked windshield $90.00. Lots of cleaning (lots) and lots of rewiring and boom. I will have spent another $1,200 on the motor and controller (my cost). I opted for a controller/motor combo that can be tuned in real time plus I have used the key option lock out for the Grandgirls safety…..long and short of it pricewise, my money so far $1,490. I did not count the body cost though because I had them. I will be in the cart just south of $3,000.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2022, 06:35:22 PM »

I was meaning what would it cost to get a cart like mine street legal with lights and turn signals!

yorkdude

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2022, 08:28:11 PM »

I was meaning what would it cost to get a cart like mine street legal with lights and turn signals!
A street legal kit for lights in our town has to have heads and tails, horn, turn signals and hazard lights, brake lights and USB charging ports plus state of charge meter (last 2 aren’t necessary for legal reasons)  That is in town mind you. The kit (deluxe containing all of that) is probably $200.00-$250.00. Install I charge between about $750.00 total including kit. Some carts are easy (older ones 2-3 hours if you truly do it right). The new Yamaha quiet drive is miserable to do, about $900.00 for them done right.

yorkdude

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2022, 08:31:18 PM »

You might also check this, most areas also require a DOT approved windshield and I failed to mention side view and rear view mirrors.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2022, 08:49:43 PM »

I don't think they can be made street legal in PA. Mostly see them in the campgrounds and some at the local dragstrips.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up