Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Canadian John on 01 Nov 2021

•   It's an oldie, no longer in production. At the time there was only one model.  It has 4 round hockey puck brushes. I found it to work well for my needs. From what I have read, the newer models preform better.

Consumer Reports has evaluated several carpet cleaner brands. That may help you evaluate.
  • #17 by Canadian John on 01 Nov 2021
  •  
     Forgot some carpet cleaner tips.   Th3Batman86 stated, use the hottest water you can. I agree 100%. Not only very hot but use it right away so it doesn't cool down in the machine.

Fro starters; the initial flow of water will be cold to mildly warm so I try and flush it out onto a tray or start cleaning an area that isn't as dirty as the machine won't clean as well with cooler solution. For the

hand wand, I do the same.

When done I rinse the reservoirs, and flush the suction sections by vacuuming up water. There will be water remaining in the lines so simply operate the trigger with no water in the reservoir to flush or it out.

As soap is corrosive, not doing this will generate problems. Make sure everything is dry before storing the unit.

The machine doesn't do a large ares at all. I can't give you an exact figure other than it may do one very small room.

With all said and done, with your time, proper machine care, the money invested and limited carpet cleaning knowledge, it may be less aggravating and produce better results to hire a pro that has top notch

equipment and a good reputation.

• #18 by pmillen on 01 Nov 2021
  • They sold me "X-Tract" cleaner that works very well. The exact same soap they sell to the professional carpet cleaners. They didn't even try to sell me the Hoover soap!

Please post a photograph of the X-Tract soap label.  The name doesn't appear to be trademarked as there are several different companies using it.

I rather like the ZEP line of cleaning products.  Has anyone used their carpet shampoo?
  • #19 by Canadian John on 02 Nov 2021

•  My container of X-Tract carpet shampoo brand is "Hardy".  It's made in Canada and doesn't show up in a search.  As the store I bought it from is McHardy Vacuum, I can only assume it may be a store brand.

When I searched McHardy's site it revealed only other brands of carpet shampoo.

• #20 by pmillen on 02 Nov 2021
  • Dang!

Thanks, John.
Pages:
Actions