Pellet Fan Performance Testing & Product Tests > Product Tests

Omaha Beef Evaluation.

(1/12) > >>

Bentley:
The Omaha Meats have arrived and evaluation of the product will begin.  I have tried to develop some criteria which we will apply to each sample and each producer.  The criteria is as follows:

A.  Objective Criteria
     1.  How the meat was packaged and whether it arrived fresh or frozen
     2.  Size of the piece of meat including measurements and weight
     3.  Price per item/ dollar per pound
     4.  Photos of meat in packaging, prior to cooking, during cook, after cook
     5.  All meats will be cooked on the Memphis Pro using the same pellets.  Temperatures of the cook will be noted but will try for a medium rare on all
          pieces. There will be no marinating of meats.  Only salt and pepper will be used for seasoning

B.  Subjective Criteria
      1.  Both Bentley and Kristin will taste test and offer opinions.
      2.  Tenderness will be graded on the following scale -- tough, slightly tough, slightly tender, tender, very tender
      3.  Taste will be graded on the following scale -- no discernable flavor, average flavor, good flavor, excellent flavor.

We understand our subjective criteria may not be the same as yours and so we may offer additional comments.  We will also answer questions.

Arrived by FedEx.  If I had not been in the garage working, would have never know it was here.  No door bell, no text from FedEx, but I despise them as a company, so will move past that.  No text or call from Omaha, even though a preceding email had told me to be prepared for a call.  I do see that an email arrived 1:07pm, I guess about the time the package was delivered.

Bentley:
There was still dry ice in container.  The meat is vac sealed and rock hard.

CFS

Top Sirloin

Rib-Eye

Flat Iron

Burger

Bentley:
This will be dinner.  When I 1st started opening boxes, here is the 1st cut I recognize, Tenderloin.  Then I realized I did not order any Filet!  All I will say is it is the most unique looking Rib-eye steak I have ever seen.  The marbling looks like USDA Choice to me, maybe I am being unfair.  Your thoughts?

bbqking01:
I’ve read and heard  about Omaha steaks for a long time. At one time there was an Omaha steak store near me….I can’t stand their meat. I’ve tried it more than once and it’s like, utility grade packaged fancy. Lipstick on a pig. I’m not dissing you, and maybe I was just unlucky….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bentley:
I have heard other comments like yours.  We will see, it is the reason we are doing it as we have never had it and I want 1st hand knowledge.  Kind of expensive knowledge for a Cheap Screw!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View