Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Retirement time?  (Read 2559 times)

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
Re: Retirement time?
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2021, 03:16:40 PM »

My problem with them is that they are not State income tax free here in AZ. Only AZ based individual muni funds are state tax free here, my broad-based funds are not.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

ZCZ

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2021, 12:56:42 PM »

I love retirement! 
Every day is Saturday and all my appointments are between 10 & 2!!

Can’t believe how fast the time goes tho. The weeks seem to fly by. They never did that when I was working.
Al
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2021, 07:12:23 PM »

That is great to hear, Al.  I hope one day I can say the same.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

hughver

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »

Having been retired since 1995, I can honestly say that between traveling and projects, I've never been bored. As I've aged, traveling is limited, and projects have become less complex. Now days, I spend a lot of my time either cooking or planning/researching cooking. Will be going to a friend's home today but am providing all of the appetizers.  Sausage stuffed mushrooms and garlic/butter sous vide shrimp on ice are the main items.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 11:31:14 AM by hughver »
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2021, 11:38:14 AM »

Could you post the recipe and instructions for how you make the sausage stuffed mushrooms?  I love those.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »

Could you post the recipe and instructions for how you make the sausage stuffed mushrooms?  I love those.

Probably not the same as Hugh's, but this is one I use:

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=7136.msg74338#msg74338
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 12:08:03 PM by 02ebz06 »
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2021, 06:11:18 PM »

how often do you rebalance the split of stocks and bonds in your investment portfolio?

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2021, 10:45:18 PM »

I consider rebalancing ever 4 to 6 months.  I’m not that fussy about keeping the percentages exact. Vanguard’s robo services does it quarterly I think.  The financial firms I spoke with rebalance annually if I remember correctly. They may have notifications set if the allocations get too far from a set percentage.

hughver

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2021, 11:49:23 AM »

The original recipe came from Epicurious many years ago. My modifications are in blue.

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

~24 mushrooms ( I use 1.5-2” Crimini, stems removed and precooked at 350°  stem side down for 10 minutes to remove some of the moisture)
3 Italian hot sausages, casings removed
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use 4 cloves of chopped fresh garlic sautéed with meat)
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1 large egg yolk
Olive oil
I add ¼ tsp.crushed red pepper or cayanne

1/3 cup dry white wine
1. Sauté sausage and oregano in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through and brown, breaking into small pieces with back of fork (I then drain and wipe dry with paper towel, then put in food processor to break up further. This helps with stuffing.), about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to large bowl and cool. Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder, then cream cheese. Season filling with salt and pepper;
mix in egg yolk.
2. Brush 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish with olive oil to coat. Brush cavity of each mushroom cap
with white wine (I just put ¼ tsp. in each); fill with scant 1 tablespoon (a 1” ice cream type scoop works great) filling and sprinkle with some of remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange mushrooms, filling side up, in prepared dish. (Can be made 1 dayahead. Cover and chill.)
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake uncovered until mushrooms are tender and filling is brown on top, about 25 minutes

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2022, 10:18:42 AM »

I should have trusted my gut and rebalanced the first day of January.  I think the markets are officially in correction territory now.

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2022, 06:16:15 PM »

These last few months is exactly why I rebalance when necessary.  The CFP that wanted 3% said once a year is sufficient.  I disagree strongly.  Vanguard suggested quarterly.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2022, 09:45:24 PM »

Now is the time to be buying if you have money I believe. Buy the fear sell the greed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up