Pellet Fan Performance Testing & Product Tests > Product Tests

Certified Piedmontese Beef Evaluation

(1/4) > >>

Bentley:
They just shipped this, so I am going to assume we should have it by Saturday!

W6YJ:
Looking forward to your results.

Bentley:
OK, Covid in the rear view window and appetite coming back. So we will start with the T-Bone for Christmas Dinner!

The Certified Piedmontese Beef evaluation product will begin.  I have tried to develop some criteria which we will apply to each sample and each producer.  The criteria is as follows:

A.  Objective Criteria
     1.  How the meat was packaged and whether it arrived fresh or frozen
     2.  Size of the piece of meat including measurements and weight
     3.  Price per item/ dollar per pound
     4.  Photos of meat in packaging, prior to cooking, during cook, after cook
     5.  All meats will be cooked on the Memphis Pro using the same pellets.  Temperatures of the cook will be noted but will try for a medium rare on all
          pieces. There will be no marinating of meats.  Only salt and pepper will be used for seasoning

B.  Subjective Criteria
      1.  Both Bentley and Kristin will taste test and offer opinions.
      2.  Tenderness will be graded on the following scale -- tough, slightly tough, slightly tender, tender, very tender
      3.  Taste will be graded on the following scale -- no discernable flavor, average flavor, good flavor, excellent flavor.

We understand our subjective criteria may not be the same as yours and so we may offer additional comments.  We will also answer questions.
Modify message

Brushpopper:

--- Quote from: Bentley on December 22, 2021, 11:54:54 AM ---OK, Covid in the rear view window and appetite coming back. So we will start with the T-Bone for Christmas Dinner!

--- End quote ---

Glad to hear you have that behind you. :clap:  And even a Select T-Bone is always good in my opinion and one of my favorites. :lick:

Bentley:
Trying not to be biased and judgmental before testing, but for the per lb cost, not the marbling I would expect!  I will say it looks more Porterhouse then T-Bone to me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View