Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by hughver on 18 Feb 2022
  • Over my objection, the wife decided to have a dinner party this Sunday. She specifically said no red meat or pork, either fish or chicken. I opted for boneless-skinless thighs. seasoned, smoked at 150° for two hours and then either sous vide or air fry. The picture is half of what I plan on cooking. The other half are marinating in the frig. They will also have a short smoke and sous vide or air fry.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Feb 2022
  • We used to eat them a lot when I was a kid, but they were bone in with paprika on top of that fat and then topped with BBQ sauce during the baking at some point.  For some reason, I don't like the thigh as an adult.

Looking forward to your final product.  Maybe you can convince me to give them a try again.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 18 Feb 2022
  •  
     Looks good. That should keep you in someones good books - I hope!
  • #4 by yorkdude on 18 Feb 2022
  • The VERY best chicken is thigh meat, lately we have been eating them boneless though. Skin on please….boy howdy!
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 18 Feb 2022
  • I like making thighs. I am cheap so I usually end up buying bone in ones and boning them out, I take the skin and fry up crisp on the griddle. I will cut them in half so I have 2 pieces out of them to make them easier to work with to me.

I like that plan of SV, Smoke,Air Fry.

Be great seeing the finished product.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 18 Feb 2022
  • Chicken thighs are great.  We stuff them and wrap them with bacon.
  • #7 by hughver on 18 Feb 2022
  • I think that these were $1.97/lb.
  • #8 by MP09 on 19 Feb 2022
  • Thats good eating and a lot cheaper than wings
  • #9 by Hank D Thoreau on 21 Feb 2022
  • Not sure about everyone else here, but the only way my wife and I like thighs is to really cook them well done.

I will take them as high as 185 to 195 IT. Actually, cooked this way, thighs are my wife's favorite part of the chicken.

I became a fan also after cooking them more thoroughly.
  • #10 by Bentley on 21 Feb 2022
  • Great tasting cut of chicken.  It is what chicken nuggets used to be made of when they had flavor.  Sounds like it will be a good meat.  It is my favorite cut for chicken salad!
  • #11 by hughver on 04 Oct 2022
  • More chicken thighs. No sous vide or air fryer this time. two hours at 150° then smoke at 225°to IT of 165°. These are bone-in.
  • #12 by Bentley on 04 Oct 2022
  • I have a bunch of thighs.  I am going to grind them with the skin, then stuff half with ham & swiss.  The other half with mushrooms and pepper jack.  Vac seal, sous vide, then coat with panko and deep fry for 2 minutes!
  • #13 by hughver on 04 Oct 2022
  • That sounds good, let us know how they turn out. I think that I'm going to debone and make a version of chicken pot pie.
  • #14 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Oct 2022
  • I have a bunch of thighs.  I am going to grind them with the skin, then stuff half with ham & swiss.  The other half with mushrooms and pepper jack.  Vac seal, sous vide, then coat with panko and deep fry for 2 minutes!

Will those be like stuffed chicken nuggets?
  • #15 by Bentley on 05 Oct 2022
  • Are nuggets ground?
Pages:
Actions