Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Memphis Beale  (Read 8859 times)

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: Memphis Beale
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2022, 10:05:05 PM »

Looks delish! 
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2022, 09:10:45 PM »

Burgers tonight. Old fashoned: M,O, and P. First smeared coconut oil on the buns for toasting on grill. Got the BS up to 500* as instructed and then swapped the flavorizer for the direct flame gadget. Turned heat up to "Med". Then tossed the frozen patties, Angus, 1/3 lb (Costco) on and seasoned them with Montreal Steak seasoning. Got a nice sear on them, cheesed them and forgot to get mid cook pics until we started eating. They were great, BUT seemed like a lot of effort to set up the grill. Next time will do the same ingredients but without the open flame gadget, with pit at 550*. Bet they come out as good.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2022, 10:17:18 PM »

Fairly simple cheeseburger, the way I like it!  I need more Mayo though...
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

okie smokie

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2022, 11:29:18 PM »

Sorry, an "old fashioned" cheeseburger is Mustard, Onion and Pickles. Drop the mustard and use Mayo, and add tomato and it is a "California" style cheeseburger.  I like em either way or mixed.   And---often.  I was a fry cook in an old fashioned drug store while in high school and college summers.  It was the typical fountain and grill.  Fed a lot of folks tons of burgers. We bought the cheap ground beef that was so fat that when i mashed them out on the grill, the fat would melt away and leave what I called "swiss cheese" burgers because of the empty holes. They were popular because: The hot juices and fat came off the grill with them, The buns were toasted and hot off the grill, and they were cheap. I am offended when served a burger with a cold dry bun. Half the flavor is missing and it is like eating a hot meal on a cold plate. Please forgive my ramble on this subject.   

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2022, 07:00:32 AM »

There it is. My favorite cheese burger, pickles, onions and frenchs yellow.

I would eat one of your burgers any day.

okie smokie

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2022, 02:11:50 PM »

I found a new nitty picky. I noted that when lifting the lid to the full open position, that is crashes on the cabinet top with a metal on metal clang!. Don't know if the other Memphis models do the same. So I needed a high temp soft landing for the top. Simple solution: I have some high temp silicone gasket maker that is also gray. So I built up a little cushion on each side. Hope it sticks well to the cleaned surface. Will know in 24 hrs if it worked. 

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2022, 03:05:46 PM »

Are you talking pellet hopper lid of grill lid ?   Can't visualize it with the closeup pictures.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2022, 03:34:51 PM »

Gee okie.  Too bad these Memphis pits don't need a lot of TLC and lots of work to maintain resulting in time to burn......  I Know; you are simply fine tuning the Beale Street.

okie smokie

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2022, 04:23:32 PM »

Are you talking pellet hopper lid of grill lid ?   Can't visualize it with the closeup pictures.
That is the grill lid. I noted the clang first time I opened it. Also, noted the same on their video with the "big Swede". It's an esthetic thing. (whatever that means).
And John, you are correct, as usual. Had nothing better to do today.

okie smokie

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2022, 04:10:11 PM »

Worked! No big deal.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2022, 04:21:58 PM »

OK, got it now.

okie smokie

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2022, 06:55:48 PM »

Just finished doing filets of beef for dinner at 550, using the flat side of a GrillGrate to reverse sear.  No pics, but came out as good or better that the ribeyes done last week. No need for the direct flame gadget.  My old GG's too long for the BS so will order a set for them. I turned one crosswise to use on this cook.

okie smokie

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2022, 08:11:06 PM »

Well my BS is now well broken in. I did not intend to have it this well broken in but here goes:
Decided to do some thick bacon and was going to use a drip pan under it. But changed my mind and decided to do it on the grates, but not to exceed 350*. You guessed it! Grease fire!. When grill got up to 350 and was stable there, I opened it and placed 12 strips of thick bacon across the grates being careful not to let any overlap the drip tray edges.Closed the cover and watched the grill catch up to 350* and go on up to 450 and thought it was just over shooting and would come quickly down. Apparently, that is when it caught fire.  After I looked and confirmed the fire, I put it in shut down mode with the lid closed and waited for it to burn out. Took about 15 minutes. Spent the last 2 hrs cleaning it up. Only damage I can find is that two of the lower grates are warped, one minimally, and one enough to replace.  They are well seasoned tho!.  There is some permanent stain on the upper lid and some "freckles" here and there. Also, not all the stain came off the inside, although I got most of the soot cleaned off. Otherwise I believe I am good to go.  Think I'll pass on bacon in the smoker. Maybe later with a pan under it? Not a necessity for me.  :-[ :( >:(

TravlinMan

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2022, 08:44:18 AM »

This is the combination I normally use for cooking bacon on the grill.  Cooling rack set in  half size baking pan - usually lined with a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil - makes clean-up much easier.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 03:15:42 PM by TravlinMan »
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG

TravlinMan

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2022, 08:57:17 AM »

Well my BS is now well broken in. I did not intend to have it this well broken in but here goes:
Decided to do some thick bacon and was going to use a drip pan under it. But changed my mind and decided to do it on the grates, but not to exceed 350*. You guessed it! Grease fire!. When grill got up to 350 and was stable there, I opened it and placed 12 strips of thick bacon across the grates being careful not to let any overlap the drip tray edges.Closed the cover and watched the grill catch up to 350* and go on up to 450 and thought it was just over shooting and would come quickly down. Apparently, that is when it caught fire.  After I looked and confirmed the fire, I put it in shut down mode with the lid closed and waited for it to burn out. Took about 15 minutes. Spent the last 2 hrs cleaning it up. Only damage I can find is that two of the lower grates are warped, one minimally, and one enough to replace.  They are well seasoned tho!.  There is some permanent stain on the upper lid and some "freckles" here and there. Also, not all the stain came off the inside, although I got most of the soot cleaned off. Otherwise I believe I am good to go.  Think I'll pass on bacon in the smoker. Maybe later with a pan under it? Not a necessity for me.  :-[ :( >:(

Now you can get down a really start using your grill/smoker   :bbq: :clap:

In reality - sorry for the fire - it catches most of us at one time or another.  BarKeepers Friend, along with a little elbow grease really does a nice job working out those 'stains' in the stainless..  Follow up with some stainless steel polish afterwords.

On the warped grates - they are pretty tough and can be straightened easy enough. In the mean time - of the 4 grates - just arrange the worst to the outside.  I ended up making my extra upper grates for my pro - and seldom use them like I thought I would.

And above all - Keep Cooking :pig: :cool:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 09:06:56 AM by TravlinMan »
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up