Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 18 May 2022
  • One to ponder!
    Will I Live to see 85?
    (Here's something to think about.)

After having to choose a new primary care doctor, I was curious.
    After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, she said I was doing fairly well for my age. (I am north of 75).
    r!
    Will I Live to see 85?
    (Here's something to think about.)

After having to choose a new primary care doctor, I was curious.
    After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, she said I was doing fairly well for my age. (I am north of 75).
    A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking her, 'Do you think I'll live to be 85?'
    She asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?'
    'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'
    Then she asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?'
    'I said, 'Not much... My former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'
    'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'
    'No, I don't,' I said.
    She asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'
    'No,' I said.........
    She looked at me and said, 'Then, why do you even give a s---?
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 18 May 2022
  • Hahahahahahahahahahhaha
  • #3 by W6YJ on 18 May 2022
  • Excellent.
    Her reponses were great and made me laugh.
    I'm in my early 70s and am looking forward to he rest of my 70s followed by my 80s.

Thanks for your post.
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 19 May 2022
  • As I was reading through it I thought the same things, why bother.
  • #5 by Zombini on 19 May 2022
  • Thats Funny!
  • #6 by hughver on 19 May 2022
  • Well, I'm 85 and I have never done tobacco or drugs but to the degree that I'm capable I partake in all of the others.  :clap:
  • #7 by okie smokie on 19 May 2022
  • At 86, I have had some chills and spills, but am still perking! No hx of drugs. Little alcohol. Lots of BBQ! Living home and self sufficient (not efficient). But I don't buy green bananas.
  • #8 by hughver on 19 May 2022
  • I also live at home but with my lovely second wife of almost 30 years. She adapted well to boating and alcohol, but BBQ and golf, not so much.
  • #9 by Bentley on 19 May 2022
  • I think genetics is number one for longevity, followed by diet and how much stress do you allow in your life.  My 2 examples, Bob Hope and Queen Elizabeth II.
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 May 2022
  • I would add medicine to your list Bentley.  But, I will let you know in about 32+ years if I make it to 85 due to a steady diet of prescription pills and supplements everyday.
  • #11 by jdmessner on 19 May 2022
  • Last night I saw one of my favorite singer/songwriters, Gordon Lightfoot. He is pushing 84 and doing better than I ever would have imagined, (especially given what I have heard rumored about some of his past history). We were in the eighth row, center stage so it we were able to see a lot of the interaction with the band. The voice isn't as strong as it once was, but there is no mistaking it. Thoroughly enjoyed the show.  I also saw him after the show as he took off in a nifty little sports car (his bass player was driving). My guess he may have modified the the good doctors list, but he still gets up in the morning and gives a s---! I am also betting he'll make it to 85!!

It is kind of ironic, I saw him at the same venue around 45 years ago. seems like only yesterday. Where does the time go?
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 May 2022
  • I'm going to see Buddy Guy in August.  He will be 86 by then.
  • #13 by WiPelletHead on 19 May 2022
  • Don't know how long i will make it but my wonderful mother turned 94 today. She is still pretty darned sharp and keeps up on the news better than me at times.
Pages:
Actions