Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to adjust "Actual" to real temp in Beale Street or Advantage. PID  (Read 590 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.

Mainly concerned for accurate low temps for Low/Slow cooks. When my Beale Street is set for 225* and Actual reads 225* it is really averaging about 245*-250*with an independent and accurate probe which is above center grate.  I can adjust for that but it seems to defeat the purpose of my RTD. I am told there is a way to adjust the control for accuracy. Any experience with this?  On my recteq 590 it was an easy adjustment. But no mention of this with the BS Memphis.
Or is it an RTD problem? Or do I just call Zakk again?

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

I don't have that issue with my older model Elite.  I would call Zak or adjust your controller down to a temp that hits 225° on your independent thermometer.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM

I have the process and settings for the old style PID controller for the Pro and the Elite, but have no idea how to get into the settings on the new controller.
Sorry...
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.

I don't have that issue with my older model Elite.  I would call Zak or adjust your controller down to a temp that hits 225° on your independent thermometer.
Your suggestion is probably best idea, since I noted today that when set to 500* that after the initial overshoot to 588*, it settled down to 500* on the readout, and was really 480* on the Thermopro.  So-- it runs 15* hotter on low temp and 20*colder on high temp. I have a replacement, RTD, but haven't installed it because perhaps the original was not damaged in the fire. ? Or was it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up