Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by just4fn on 29 Jun 2022
  • On some of the posts in this forum there a funny characters,  Here is an example:  ½ cup mayonnaise
    ½ cup half and half.  What's up with that?  I don't know if it's more than 1/2 cup or not?
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jun 2022
  • I believe it happened when the software was updated a few years ago.
  • #3 by pmillen on 30 Jun 2022

Yeah, many existing characters like the apostrophe (’), fractions (½) and many others were prefaced with those unusual characters (Â and others) when the PelletFan software was updated.  My guess is that the new software didn’t recognize them in the same way that the old software did.

I think that the only solution is for the OPs to go into their old posts and edit the bogus characters out.

Fractions and such that are included in current posts display okay.

• #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jun 2022
  • Paul, I believe you are right about the only option to make the change.  I remember finding something on google for Bentley to update in a setting somewhere that resolved the issue for posts made after the upgrade and the settings change.  I did not go back and update prior posts that were effected by the software  upgrade.
  • #5 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2022
  • You all are correct as I remember it!
  • #6 by just4fn on 01 Jul 2022

Yeah, many existing characters like the apostrophe (’), fractions (½) and many others were prefaced with those unusual characters (Â and others) when the PelletFan software was updated.  My guess is that the new software didn’t recognize them in the same way that the old software did.

I think that the only solution is for the OPs to go into their old posts and edit the bogus characters out.

Fractions and such that are included in current posts display okay.

Then the A before the amount is just like a placeholder and the actual amount is what is posted?
  • #7 by pmillen on 01 Jul 2022
  • Then the A before the amount is just like a placeholder and the actual amount is what is posted?

Yes, IMO.  But I'm not a Simple Machines expert.
Pages:
Actions