Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jerky Racks  (Read 794 times)

smokindad

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
Jerky Racks
« on: September 18, 2022, 10:30:38 AM »

Fellow Pellet Guys-

I've been lurking for years and finally have something to contribute.  I've been getting back into jerky-making with my Yoder YS640.  I was using what I considered traditional racks. However, I was always having to rotate them due to uneven air flow.  I purchased some new ones from Cabela's and I have to say I am quite impressed. They have foldable legs that stand 2" tall and allowed for great smoke circulation.  I was really impressed as the pieces smoked evenly with no rotation.  As an added bonus the Yoder's shape allowed me to fit six racks.   

Hope this helps someone.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Jerky Racks
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 10:33:19 AM »

That is a nice set up.  Small enough to move easily and clean easily.  Can have many different configurations, I like it!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 12:01:07 PM »

I like the setup also.  I need to get busy and make some up for my daughter to take to college.  I could do a lot more with racks like that.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 12:22:48 PM »

I've been using those racks for years on the MAK and sometimes on the Elite.  They work great, but I have found them to be a bit of a pain to clean since I use a liquid marinade most of the time.  I also put frog mats on top of the jerky racks so I can move them into the dehydrator right on the frog mats to put on the trays in the machine to finish them off the last 3 hours or so.  I think I have 8-9 racks.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1]   Go Up