Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessory Hangers for 1070  (Read 740 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Accessory Hangers for 1070
« on: November 12, 2022, 10:00:13 AM »

Found these on Amazon. So strong I cannot remove them easily. Now I can hang my tongs etc while cooking. 

BigDave83

• South West PA
Re: Accessory Hangers for 1070
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »

and they stick to stainless?

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 04:57:06 PM »

and they stick to stainless?

I forget which is which, but magnets will stick to one kind of SS and won't to another.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 05:14:32 PM »

430 has iron in it, 304 and other 300 series do not. Magnet sticks well to 430.  The outside barrels and cabinets of RT are 430. Cheaper to use, and resistant to rust under ordinary circumstances. In salt air climates on the coast, the 430 will rust but not as much as steel. Also depends on quality of 430. I had another 430 SS smoker recently that was made of poor quality 430 and it showed rust from exposure to heat, and mild friction (where parts were bolted together). I have never had rust to my RT grills here in Oklahoma. Also, you can determine if metal is 300 series or 400 series with a magnet. Magnets won't stick to 300 series but do so to 400 series because of the iron.  The "stainless" part of 430 is the coating. And it is the thickness of that coating that prevents rust. My magnets are Neodynium and really adhere to the 430.  Please note, that you cannot stick them in areas that get hot, as they will loose strength while the grill is on. The control shelf/module is a good place on the 590, 700, etc series. But on the 1070, they work well on the cabinet walls away from the barrel. 

okie smokie

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 05:29:22 PM »

Forgot to mention: since 430 is stainless because of the outer coating, it is not a good idea IMO to use any abrasive cleansers to clean it. That would include Barkeepers Friend. You may get it clean, but will damage or thin the coating, and shorten it's anti rust life. The oil based cleaners and polish will not damage the coating, but unfortunately when the surface gets hot, it may discolor it. i just use soap and water based cleansers, and accept the changes I can't remove. Think of the discoloration as a badge of honor. ?

hinay61209

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 08:10:30 AM »

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okie smokie

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2022, 12:03:24 PM »

Gonna put two on each side. Should be more than enough as I only use while cooking. I never leave cooking tools out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up