Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ninja XL Pro. 7 in 1. For indoor.  (Read 2486 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
ninja XL Pro. 7 in 1. For indoor.
« on: April 26, 2023, 11:47:35 AM »

I have had an air fryer for the past year. Nice, works well, but limited to just air frying. Brand is "Crownful" `12 qt.  No problems with it except a bit messy at times. My RT 1070 has satisfied my needs for smoker, and grill outside. However, since there are only two of us, I feel wasteful cranking it up to high for steaks and chops etc. Shutdown and clean up after steaks is time consuming as well. So I went to shop on Amazon. Saw the new Ninja XL PRO 7 in 1 indoor cooker and was impressed with the customer reviews with 80% 5 star and 91% 4-5 star reviews. It has both air fry coils and also separate grill/griddle coils, and air fries, grills, griddles, bakes, broils, crisps, and has a smart thermometer as well. Big enough for 6 steaks or burgers, a whole chicken, etc. Has a 4 quart air fry basket, a separate griddle, and the grill has self contained coils. The grill plugs into place as you put it into the unit, the griddle and air fry basket go on top of the grill grate when used.  13" x 9" of cook space, so perfect for us. Both air fryer coils and grill coils can produce 500*, and the grill/griddle has even heat from edge to edge. The thermometer can be set either manually, or by degree of doneness desired for the type of meat chosen. ( 8 different settings for beef). Ninja builds sturdy stuff, and is a bit pricy but this unit was on sale for about $80 off of retail. $288.99 vs $369.95. Soooo it will arrive tomorrow! Will report after trial. Comments appreciated.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: ninja XL Pro. 7 in 1. For indoor.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 12:22:11 PM »

The quest for the ultimate cook continues I see.. Looking forward to your evaluation.

okie smokie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 02:34:04 PM »

Not really, John.  Just getting lazy in my old age. Can do all those different cooks with the equipment we have, but with more effort and clean up. Also, perhaps the need for a new "toy". 
A bit like the time when I bought the George Foreman grill.

urnmor

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 09:22:49 PM »

Not really, John.  Just getting lazy in my old age. Can do all those different cooks with the equipment we have, but with more effort and clean up. Also, perhaps the need for a new "toy". 
A bit like the time when I bought the George Foreman grill.

Although I do not have one I do think you will enjoy it as Ninja has a good name.  Now I must admit for the most part I have stop buying new cooking toys in fact I have been divesting some of mine

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 07:03:33 AM »

My cousin has the one you ordered. she uses it for about everything. She told me I need one, I have to much stuff now, not sure where I would put it.

I think you will like it, well maybe, she just uses hers doesn't care if the temp is not 100% accurate or if it has little quirks,with your in depth analysis your experience maybe different than hers.

okie smokie

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 03:12:30 PM »

Two changes:
1. Item came UPS. From contracted provider to Amazon. It was damaged cosmetically with multiple scratches in the SS cover. It was not in a new factory box. Everything was included, and it plugged in and all controls seemed to work. I "chatted" (and suggested that it was new factory damaged product that should not have been sold as new)with Amazon Service, and they gladly arranged to pick it up and refund the total.  The UPS truck came today and it is gone.
2. After looking again on Amazon, I decided to get the same unit without the smart thermometer. It was $100 cheaper! Also, since I have a Meater that works well, I did not really see any reason to go for the more complex model. Simpler electronics to worry about but otherwise the same functions. It will be here tomorrow. Foodi XL Pro 7 in 1 IG601 for $183. 

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 03:24:59 PM »

I had bough a Ninja product (don't remember model) from Amazon in "Like New" condition to save about $50.
It was anything but "Like New".
Dirty, parts and manual missing, and had a piece that didn't even go with that unit.
No problem sending it back, but will never buy a "Like New" product from Amazon again.
I guess actual seller was hoping whoever got it would be OK with condition.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2023, 04:39:29 PM »

XL Pro without the smart thermometer. New. Arrived in less than 2 days!. Well packed, undamaged and fully functional (tested without food). Will do NY strips tonight on grill for first cook tonight. Plan to use my Meater and set for Medium. Control for all functions is very easy and clear from included booklets. Heavy dude weighs 27 lbs.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 04:41:03 PM by okie smokie »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2023, 05:23:38 PM »

How do you do that?  I have needed to talk with them on a few different orders and erroneous charges and have never seen a way to contact them.

I "chatted" (and suggested that it was new factory damaged product that should not have been sold as new)with Amazon Service...
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023, 06:18:15 PM »

How do you do that?  I have needed to talk with them on a few different orders and erroneous charges and have never seen a way to contact them.

Bentleu, I have a phone number for Amazon customer service if you would like it. I've used it a couple times with good results.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 12:56:58 PM by Bentley »
FE PG 1000

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2023, 06:27:58 PM »

I think we woul all like it.  :)
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2023, 06:42:02 PM »

I think we woul all like it.  :)

Amazon customer service 888-280-4331

This will get you to a real person. So much easier (At least for me) than using a chat with a bot. It's hard to find so once I did it's in my contacts. Think I've used it twice as recent as 4/21. Good luck if you need it.
FE PG 1000

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2023, 06:43:07 PM »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2023, 08:32:52 PM »

I've used their chat process on at least 5x and they have solved my issue every time.  You need to start a return process in order to have it as an option.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

okie smokie

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2023, 08:55:06 PM »

I used the chat box and asked for a live person. And one came on the chat box live. Took less than 5 minutes with no hassle. He declined pics I offered and offered either $25 credit, if I kept it (since it otherwise was in working order), or return for refund. I took the latter of course. Packed it up and UPS (who delivered it) picked it up at my door the next morning. They had to print the return slip, so I did nothing. That was the next day. I ordered the new XL Pro that night (Thurs) and had it this morning. Also, they already credited my account for the bad one today.

We had NY strips tonight. Seasoned with Worchester, Canadian Steak seasoning, and set out for an hour before. Then started the Ninja, selected "grill" and it lit up with 10 minutes and HI heat (around 400-450). I changed the time to 12 minutes. It takes about 5 minutes to "Pre-Heat". Put the steaks in with no lube on grates. Pressed them down as suggested, closed the lid. At 6 minutes the control said "flip", so I did. I had my Meater in one of the steaks and when it reached 134* I pulled them. In 5 minutes they read 145* on Meater. That is supposed to be Medium.  Turns out to be slightly more than medium, so next time will pull at 130* to get close to 140* after resting. Good news, the steaks were much better seared and very juicy. The first  pic is to show the juice (before the butter melted) but does not show the doneness. Second picture show doneness (added juice back to eat). Bottom line: a better steak than I get on my RT1070. More sear, and crunchy edges, in spite of almost perfect interior. First time my wife ate a whole strip since I can recall.
Nothing stuck to the grill surface, and all that was needed was pour the grease out of the grease trench wipe off grill grate and then wash with soapy rag and rinse. Soapy rinse of the filter screen on inside top, and dry it.  Then moist wipe of the rest of interior. No sign it has been used!! Will try griddle next for pork chops and fried apples. Stay tuned.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up