Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ninja XL Pro. 7 in 1. For indoor.  (Read 2484 times)

MikeMcQ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: ninja XL Pro. 7 in 1. For indoor.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2023, 09:00:49 PM »

Even though a tad over purdy good looking steak!  :lick:
Pellet Head since mid 90s with US Traegers (Dlx then Lil' Tex both gone) | Memphis Pro 304 Cart (2019) | MAK 2 Star wifi, front shelf and cabinet doors | GMG DB w/Smoke Daddy modded for fan only cold smoking or normal op | TEC Infrared gas for high temp searing | Tappecue

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2023, 12:57:54 PM »

Thanks for number!  I guess I have not looked hard enough, cuz I could not even find chat option!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2023, 12:41:19 PM »

Even though a tad over purdy good looking steak!  :lick:
I have fresh half chicken for tonight. Dry salt brined it overnight. Will rinse, pat dry, spray with avocado oil and season. Then onto the griddle again at 350* with Meater in the breast and go for  165* to 170*. If skin isn't crisp will go a little longer. We like legs and wings loose at the joint when finished as well. Time is much shorter on the Ninja, but will let temp decide.
Below: half chicken, rinsed off dry brine, seasoned with Desert Gold, winner of American Royal 2012. (not sure where or when I bought it.).  Preheated to 450*, then selected "roast" and temp changed to 350* and Meater into breast set for 170*.  Took about 32 minutes to reach 165* when I removed it. Crispy, juicy, and best seasoned I have every had on poultry. Joints were semi loose. Really easy to do and great result. Will take chicken to 170* for removal next time so joints release. (it rises 5* after pulling).  I am satisfied with Ninja XL Pro for all grilling chores, and will also try griddle next.  1070 will remain my low/slow machine, and also when grilling for larger groups.
Note: The Meater measured ambient temp at 348 +-5* during the whole cook, while Ninja was set to 350*. Unexpected accuracy to that degree. Skin looks burnt but not so, that is the seasoning and no burnt taste. Did not get a pic of the ample juice when I cut it up to serve.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 09:03:22 PM by okie smokie »

okie smokie

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2023, 07:37:01 PM »

And grilled salmon tonight. Grill, on HI, 5 minutes skin up then skin down until done. Probe temp at end was 150* and it was crisp on surface and moist and flaky inside. Over all took about 15 minutes after warm-up.
Sorry, no pics. Had seasoned boiled cabbage with it and cottage cheese.  We will keep it. Smash burgers next.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2023, 07:44:02 PM »

Glad to see you are lining it and looks like the learning curve was very small. The steak and chicken look great.

okie smokie

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2023, 11:01:06 AM »

Smash burgers on the griddle were very good. I used preformed 1/3 lb patties (defrosted) and first grilled the onions, then added patties and mashed them down even more. Just minimal oil for the onions and none for added patties. (85/15).  Griddle toasted the buns after removing the cheese covered patties. Mucho Grande!  As good as expected. There is no fat reservoir on the griddle but did not need it as we used 85/15 sirloin ground beef. However, if needed, can pick up the hot griddle with the two handles and oven mitts, and pour off excess before toasting buns. Sorry no pics. Next time.

urnmor

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2023, 07:45:59 AM »

There was an article written on this on food network.  They lived in an apartment and gave it very good reviews

okie smokie

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2023, 01:02:53 PM »

There was an article written on this on food network.  They lived in an apartment and gave it very good reviews
Would be ideal for apartment folks. I they have a balcony, then the new Smoker version would be great also. Since it uses pellets for smoke and not for heat, there are no restrictions (I am told).
I love my 1070 but see no reason to use for burgers, steaks or chops since the Ninja is easier, and maybe better, and makes no smoke exhaust in the house (if you keep the filter clean). The griddle is also easier for just two of us. So--we are smoking out, and grilling in.

thomas

• Lurker
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2023, 03:59:46 AM »

I like that it says air fryer. I just got my first I just got my first air fryer yesterday and have been putting it to use today! My first bake in the air fryer, good old fashioned bread and butter pudding. 160 degrees for 20 min. See More At: https://www.gypsybarphoenix.com/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 05:32:13 AM by thomas »

okie smokie

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2023, 02:46:30 PM »

I like that it says air fryer
Air fryer, roaster, griddle, baker, griller and general handyman.   :rotf:

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2023, 03:42:05 PM »

I started looking at these and the other party asked me what it did that none of the rest of the things I have do, and then the important question where you going  to put it, up your (insert your own thought here)?

okie smokie

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2023, 01:24:20 PM »

I started looking at these and the other party asked me what it did that none of the rest of the things I have do, and then the important question where you going  to put it, up your (insert your own thought here)?
Only if there is any room left in there!

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2023, 01:46:49 PM »

I they have a balcony, then the new Smoker version would be great also.

I have the WoodFire version on order.

One reviewer noted that a Weber throw-away aluminum pan perfectly fits the grease trap at the rear.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

okie smokie

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2023, 05:47:53 PM »

I they have a balcony, then the new Smoker version would be great also.

I have the WoodFire version on order.

One reviewer noted that a Weber throw-away aluminum pan perfectly fits the grease trap at the rear.
They are available in most grocery stores with the other disposable aluminum pans. And cheaper!! I believe they are called small bread pans. Perfect fit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up