Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > All Other Pellet Manufactures.

Bit the bullet and ordered a new grill from Lone Star Grillz

(1/3) > >>

02ebz06:
Had the the Yoder YS640S with comp cart at the top of my list.
Then saw a review of a YS60S by AngryBBQ, and he had some advice for newbies to NOT buy this as your first grill, but buy something cheap to start with to see it you will stay with it.
Good advice.   Also, he made mention of another USA made grill that I had forgotten all about - Lone Star GrillZ.

Well, after watching their video, and numerous emails with Chris about the grills, I pulled the trigger.

I ordered the 20" x 42" pellet grill.  No shortage of grill space in this puppy.   ;D
Comes with 5" solid rubber tires, I upgraded to 8" pneumatic.

Some nice features, some that Yoder doesn't have:
Grates slide out.
40lb pellet hopper
Pellets are ignited by hot air.   I guess a fan blowing hot air over the ceramic igniter extends the life of the igniter.
They say the contact with pellets cause igniter failure.
Burn pot pulls out for cleaning
Has FireBoard Controller with 6 probe ports
Chris said the hole for probes on the grill is big enough for 6 probes to go through.  My Memphis could barely allow one to go through.
Auger has an open center. Supposed to virtually eliminate any auger jams
Auger tube is 8" long, hopper is out 10" and pellets slide down a ramp, so unlikely to have any auger fires.

Lead time is 6-18 weeks.  Now the waiting...

MikeMcQ:

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on May 04, 2023, 01:45:22 PM ---Chris said the hole for probes on the grill is big enough for 6 probes to go through.  My Memphis could barely allow one to go through.

--- End quote ---

Interesting, I can get all 3 heavy jacket probes through no problem my Memphis Pro. Maybe they changed with the made in China stuff.

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: MikeMcQ on May 04, 2023, 03:21:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on May 04, 2023, 01:45:22 PM ---Chris said the hole for probes on the grill is big enough for 6 probes to go through.  My Memphis could barely allow one to go through.

--- End quote ---

Interesting, I can get all 3 heavy jacket probes through no problem my Memphis Pro. Maybe they changed with the made in China stuff.

--- End quote ---

I could get more than one Thermoworks Smoke through, but the Memphis probe have a thick metal casing, probably 3/16 or 1/4 inch in diameter.

MikeMcQ:
I was referring to the Memphis probes getting all 3 through no problem.... ;)

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: MikeMcQ on May 04, 2023, 04:06:35 PM ---I was referring to the Memphis probes getting all 3 through no problem.... ;)

--- End quote ---
Must have a larger hole than I had on the Elite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View