All Things Considered > General Discussion--Food Related

Need advice

(1/3) > >>

yorkdude:
I fetched a few tri tips and wondering if anyone has cooked them for a loose rendition of philly cheese steak sandwiches.
I think the smoker is out due to impending weather.
Oven looks like the only option.
Crazy idea?
For about 20 fellow coworkers.

Brushpopper:
I don't know how they would work sliced thin and cooked on a griddle.  You could cook them in the oven and then wrap them and finish like a brisket, or a trisket as some have called it.  Get them up to 205 degrees or so.  They are good like that on the smoker but with weather coming I understand why the oven use.

Bar-B-Lew:
I made one on the grill a few years ago.  I didn't use a slicer to slice the tri-tip.  I did it by hand with a knife.  I wasn't happy with the results vs a cheesesteak.  It ended up being more like fajita beef on a roll.  It still tasted very good, but was not a cheesesteak because slices were too thick.

Bentley:
I have not, cuz I will usually chop the raw meat I use as it cooks...so it almost comes out chopped.  But if you have access to a slicer or have fine carving skills and can get it paper thin I would think it would work well!

--- Quote from: yorkdude on April 27, 2024, 11:49:03 AM ---I fetched a few tri tips and wondering if anyone has cooked them for a loose rendition of philly cheese steak sandwiches.

--- End quote ---

pmillen:
It might be easier to slice thin if you put it in the freezer a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View