All Things Considered > General Discussion--Food Related

Any suggestions?

(1/3) > >>

Kristin Meredith:
Our church picnic is next Sunday. The church provides the meat and the congregation brings sides and desserts.  I am thinking of taking a side, but was looking for suggestions other than potato salad, macaroni salad or beans.  Any thoughts?

Bentley:
Shari was talking about a cold corn bread salad last night.

jdmessner:
Is there anything from your recent trip that might inspire a creative side dish?

jdmessner:
I was talking with my wife, she mentioed that a Snickers salad is always good. It throws people for a loop, they don't know whether to count it as a dessert or a salad. Having attended my fair share of pot-lucks and picnics, my Mount Rushmore of covered dishes would include: Tator-Tot Casserole, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole, Scalloped corn, and Hot German Potato Salad.

Please post a picture of what you come up with!

BigDave83:
Buffalo chicken dip is easy to make, provided you have a way to keep it warm. a slow cooker of that and some chips and crackers.

These have went over well at places. The wife of someone I used to shoot with gave me this recipe. I usually leave out the green peppers or I will use a  different color.
Chinese Noodles

¼   Cup Peanut Oil
2     TBSP White Vinegar
1     TBSP Dry Sherry
2½ TBSP Sesame Oil
3    TBSP Soy Sauce
1    TBSP Crushed Red Pepper
½   TSP Ground Ginger
1    TBSP Brown Sugar
¼   Cup Green Pepper
1    Pound Linguine

Cook pasta, then mix next eight ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid, shake the dressing. Toss with pasta. Let sit in refrigerator to blend flavors for two hours.  Put green pepper in just before serving. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View