Pages:
Actions
  • #91 by cookingjnj on 23 Feb 2023
  • I have a 22' portable Blackstone that I use for tailgating.  Usually use the flat top 5 out of 6 games, the other game I have a weber traveler gasser.  The flat top is awesome. We have made cheesesteaks (with shaved rib eye), smash burgers, pork roll egg and cheese sammies, breakfast burritos, lollipop lamb chops, hot dogs and sausage to name a few.  When I set it up at the house I have made both chicken and beef stir fry with fresh veggies (awesome), fried rice, all sorts of breakfast, blackened tilapia, bacon of course.  Sorry I do not have any pics to share.
  • #92 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Feb 2023
  • Both Weber and Traeger have recently announced gas griddles that they have launched into this market.
  • #93 by BigDave83 on 23 Feb 2023
  • I had seen the Traeger announcement but not the weber.

There are a ton of them out there now.

I like the SS one from Sams and the Grilla one looks like a nice unit also.

I have Blackstones not because they are better but I got great deals on them. My bigger one a 28" three burner was about the same price as the 22" I bought to mount the bakerstone pizza oven on.
  • #94 by elenis on 23 Feb 2023
  • I have a Blackstone, but would love a LoCo Smart Griddle. It is just a whole different cost level compared to my 36" Blackstone.
  • #95 by BigDave83 on 24 Feb 2023
  • I have a Blackstone, but would love a LoCo Smart Griddle. It is just a whole different cost level compared to my 36" Blackstone.

I will have to look again, I remember watching a couple videos of them. Are you talking about the one that has the little temp read outs by the knobs?

I was of the understanding that they were just read out not that they were tied to a thermostat. Kind of like the temp displays on some of the gas grills.

I was at a customer appreciation event at my propane dealer and they sell Sabre grills and they have the temp displays. The sales guy was all excited and telling me about them.I asked if that was the temp in the middle of the grate or right in front where the sensor is. He told me it was the whole surface of the grate,so my next question was if I had3 burners on 1 low, 1 med, and 1 high how it kept the heat from migrating to the low part of the grill. He did not know but he knew that is did that. I wondered the same thing about the Loco griddle.

I will  have to go search them again, maybe they have made changed since I last looked them up. Back then Home Depot was selling them I believe.
  • #96 by elenis on 24 Feb 2023

I will have to look again, I remember watching a couple videos of them. Are you talking about the one that has the little temp read outs by the knobs?

I was of the understanding that they were just read out not that they were tied to a thermostat. Kind of like the temp displays on some of the gas grills.

I was at a customer appreciation event at my propane dealer and they sell Sabre grills and they have the temp displays. The sales guy was all excited and telling me about them.I asked if that was the temp in the middle of the grate or right in front where the sensor is. He told me it was the whole surface of the grate,so my next question was if I had3 burners on 1 low, 1 med, and 1 high how it kept the heat from migrating to the low part of the grill. He did not know but he knew that is did that. I wondered the same thing about the Loco griddle.

I will  have to go search them again, maybe they have made changed since I last looked them up. Back then Home Depot was selling them I believe.

According to some videos I watched and Loco's marketing it shows temps on the dials and the smart temp burners are thermostat controlled, but I can't say how well they hold the temps you set or anything like that and I imagine if you had one fully open and one set to the lowest temp because they share a top the low set one would be higher then you set it for.
  • #97 by Bentley on 28 Feb 2023
  • Never been so easy as to make an omelet on a griddle  If I had only know 40 years ago!  The TN Chambers Country Sausage, hash brown and cheese!  I guess the color would make a French Chef cringe, but I like it!  Might have gone a tad heavy on the sausage!

• #98 by 02ebz06 on 28 Feb 2023
  • How did you like the sausage made with those spices ?
    Normally I like to make my own spice mixtures, but the package says good for 30 pounds of meat, so I ordered some since it should last a long time.
  • #99 by elenis on 28 Feb 2023
  • Never been so easy as to make an omelet on a griddle  If I had only know 40 years ago!  The TN Chambers Country Sausage, hash brown and cheese!  I guess the color would make a French Chef cringe, but I like it!  Might have gone a tad heavy on the sausage!

It looks right to me, just enough egg to stick the sausage together.
  • #100 by BigDave83 on 28 Feb 2023
  • I like a little browning of the egg a lot of times. If I am just trying o do scrambled I try not to get any brown.

I have not made sausage in a long time. Most premade seasonings have a lot of sage and I am  not a fan of to much of that flavor, I usually leave it out completely in mine.
  • #101 by Bentley on 28 Feb 2023
  • It is the only thing I will ever use in the future for Breakfast Sausage!  I used 90g for 4250g of meat.

How did you like the sausage made with those spices ?
  • #102 by 02ebz06 on 28 Feb 2023
  • It is the only thing I will ever use in the future for Breakfast Sausage!  I used 90g for 4250g of meat.

How did you like the sausage made with those spices ?
    Thanks
  • #103 by BigDave83 on 01 May 2023
  • Quesadillas the GF loves them.

SV chicken breast 142° for 5 hours, shred then on the griddle just to warm some and season with, tonight just salt an pepper. made up some chipotle mayo for on the tortillas also found a green pepper that I managed to get some good out of so sweated it with some onion, it didn't make the pictures. Just bagged cheddar from gordons.

Meal goes together quick once the prep is done, (shred chicken), usually have sauce made.
  • #104 by MikeMcQ on 01 May 2023
  • Might have gone a tad heavy on the sausage!

Too heavy on the sausage....not possible!  :rotf:
  • #105 by Hank D Thoreau on 01 May 2023
  • Quesadillas the GF loves them.

SV chicken breast 142° for 5 hours, shred then on the griddle just to warm some and season with, tonight just salt an pepper. made up some chipotle mayo for on the tortillas also found a green pepper that I managed to get some good out of so sweated it with some onion, it didn't make the pictures. Just bagged cheddar from gordons.

Meal goes together quick once the prep is done, (shred chicken), usually have sauce made.

I have been living off quesadillas lately. I keep them really simple. Just cheese and canned diced green chiles. You might want to try the green chiles. The mild ones add flavor and a little punch without adding heat.
Pages:
Actions