Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoke-N-Hot Grills Incoming  (Read 11312 times)

RanrocSmoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Smoke-N-Hot Grills Incoming
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 06:26:03 PM »

I think that most importantly will be performance, usability and food quality. The looks aren’t important unless they impact these elements, imho. Thanks for keeping us updated and I’m looking forward to those pics too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

grilltreats

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »

Congrats on the new grill!  If it's the one I'm thinking it is, it's very nice looking.  I wouldn't get too caught up on the shiny to long because once it is broken in it won't quite look the same.  My RT was like a mirror inside when it arrived.  Now it's just a grill.  I do keep the outside looking good on occasion.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

GatorDave

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »

I'm going to do a cook wednesday, so I'll get a chance to put it through it's paces.  I'm going to see how the temps are throughout the grill.  I'm guessing they are going to be pretty even.

GatorDave

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2018, 05:15:46 AM »

Here are some pics.

GatorDave

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 05:17:57 AM »

Here are some more.

GatorDave

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 05:19:05 AM »

and still more.

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2018, 05:52:37 AM »

Did they deliver right to your home? Did you have to help or did the delivery person do everything as far as getting it out of the truck and moving it to your garage?

From the pics it looks really nice to me. What don’t you like about it (I think you mentioned it wasn’t as pretty or was their something about the workmanship)?

Thanks for posting pics.

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

GatorDave

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2018, 06:11:52 AM »

Did they deliver right to your home? Did you have to help or did the delivery person do everything as far as getting it out of the truck and moving it to your garage?

From the pics it looks really nice to me. What don’t you like about it (I think you mentioned it wasn’t as pretty or was their something about the workmanship)?

Thanks for posting pics.

I had it delivered to work.  I didn't want to take a day off to sit home waiting for delivery.  I'm going to use it to cook some butts for the guys at work before I take it home this weekend.

It is a good looking unit, but when you look inside you can see short cuts were taken in manufacturing.  Things like spot welds instead of full welds and lots of places with unfinished metal.  The outside is very pretty though.  The racks, while I like the overall design, may become an issue.  They are stainless steel tubes put into a frame.  The issue is likely to come from the fact that they aren't welded around the tubes where they enter the frame.  I'm thinking that grease is going to get in there.  If this becomes an issue, I'm just going to make some regular stainless racks to put in there.  Overall though, I think I'm going to like it.  The clean out is beyond easy.  I don't hove to remove anything out of the pit to get to the firepot, and most of the ash drops into a box below the firepot.  I really won't know how much I like it until I get an actual cook done.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2018, 06:59:57 AM »

Congrats on your new pit and I am glad you are pleased with it!!

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2018, 08:38:11 AM »

Thanks for the pics and commentary. Nice job indeed.  Next will be how it works..All the best!

slaga

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2018, 08:48:55 AM »

Looks good! Thanks for the pictures.
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2018, 09:33:31 AM »

Similar to the Memphis grills, clean out that grease tray before you go to a high temp cook or you will have a nice fire.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Smeauxkin

• Using less gas.
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2018, 11:11:43 AM »

That's pretty neat. Kinda reminds me of Snoopy's house. Heck of an investment for sure.

grilltreats

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »

Yes, that looks like a really nice grill for sure.  I see they included a rack pullout tool and a holder for it.  Be careful of burns from touching it while cooking.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

GatorDave

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2018, 02:25:31 PM »

The first cook is in, and I checked grate temps all over, and sadly they differ from front to back and side to side, which is definitely not what I expected from this pit.  It looks like I'm going to have to get some work done on it.  The first thing  I'm going to do is move the pit probe.  It is right below the chimney.  I don't think this is the best spot for it since it is also the hottest spot in the grill.  I'm also going to have to figure out a down draft mod for it to try to even those temps out.  That is going to be a little more problematic since the grates are going to have to be modified.  The food came out great though, so that's a plus.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:51:35 PM by GatorDave »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up