Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas supper ideas  (Read 1098 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Christmas supper ideas
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 06:41:36 PM »

Always wanted to eat at Gino's East for the "Disk of Sausage" in the one pie. But we always bail out when we get close to downtown!
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

mo-kid

• Using less gas.
  • I get by with a little help from my friends.....
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 08:21:50 PM »

the kids are in and they want baby back ribs, 7 layer salad, baked beans, mac and cheese, potatoes. I'll also do some extras, bottom round jerky and of course smoked pistachios!
GMC daniel boone; frog mats, grill grates, SS griddle,

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »

Always wanted to eat at Gino's East for the "Disk of Sausage" in the one pie. But we always bail out when we get close to downtown!

plenty of locations in the suburbs
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »

In my mind, it is just not the same as the original...
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2018, 04:55:01 PM »

In my mind, it is just not the same as the original...

Most places like that have one source for all ingredients and supplies so it is consistent from place to place
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 08:34:43 AM »

I was watching Ina Garten the other day and got a couple of ideas for sides.  A simple carrot and turnip dish braised in orange juice
Just wondering if you tried the side of carrots and turnips, Kristin. I saw the same show and thought the dish looked pretty good.

Kind of. I recently had surgery on one leg and have not been able to get around, so I left the shopping to Bent.  He, unfortunately, did not get out until later on Christmas Eve and so no parsnip or shallots.  So I modified and just did carrots in orange juice, braised in the oven about an hour and a half at 300 degrees.  I also reduced the orange juice "sauce" in a pan on top of the stove the last ten minutes with some butter, honey and brown sugar and poured back over the carrots.  They had a nice, slightly orange flavor.  I think the shallots would have helped and the parsnips would have added a bit also.  I will try again with the right ingredients.

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 11:31:25 AM »

I bought a 9.5 lb brisket on Monday morning, cut off 2 lbs 8 ox of tallow and fat. Purchased for $2.96/lb and refigured it to be $4.10/lb after prep. I did my Aaron Franklin rub on it and put it on my GMG DB at 12:30 for an hour at 150 a long with water pan. Turned it up to 190 for 2 hours and then 225 for 2 more hours then turned it fat side down. Then at 250 for 2 more hours and a half hour at 275. We had church at 6 so having server mode was helpful. Turned out really well. Thinking from now on going with smaller briskets over the larger ones.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up