Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoke-n-Hot Grills...Too! The Eco.  (Read 27345 times)

GatorDave

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Re: Smoke-n-Hot Grills...Too! The Eco.
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2019, 02:48:15 PM »

I think it's pretty much a one man operation, so give them a week or two just in case they are on vacation.

Just to share an experience.  I emailed SNH support two days ago inquiring where I could buy an Eco with cabinet and it's been radio silence.  I also emailed their info email address and it bounced.

Now I see that a site is selling the KC for $1284.40 which is really tempting but I dunno…. feels like these guys are going under.  Don't want another Firecraft situation occurring again for me.

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2019, 02:51:35 PM »

I think it's pretty much a one man operation, so give them a week or two just in case they are on vacation.

That doesn't make me feel any more confident about product support if and when I need it!   :help:

RanrocSmoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2019, 03:23:08 PM »

Just to share an experience.  I emailed SNH support two days ago inquiring where I could buy an Eco with cabinet and it's been radio silence.  I also emailed their info email address and it bounced.

Now I see that a site is selling the KC for $1284.40 which is really tempting but I dunno…. feels like these guys are going under.  Don't want another Firecraft situation occurring again for me.

Oh no! Definitely not a good sign. I’ll reach out to the owner and see if he replies.
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2019, 03:51:26 PM »

When I had decided to cancel my order, the guy named Dan, said did not think the eco with enclosed bottom would be reordered but did not specify why.  I also got the impression that he was not happy doing most of the work for the partnership. He was otherwise very friendly and accommodating and refunded my money when I cancelled the order. He seems to have been very helpful in helping RanrocSmoker resolve his problems. That Eco seems to be working very well. Hope they don't go "south".

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2019, 05:44:24 PM »

Dan, the owners (or one of them) replied to my email today. He said they are only selling the Kansas City Grill and Outdoor Cooking now. He provided their phone number if anyone wants a coupon for a “pretty healthy discount”  on either one. You can PM me and I’ll give you his info if anyone is interested. 
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

rdsbucks

• "Everything rises and falls with leadership." -JM
    • I'm a leader in Dr. John Maxwell's foundation.
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2019, 08:13:52 PM »

That pellet pizza oven could be very tempting to add to the arsenal!
Fast Eddy's Cookshack PG 500 Pit Barrel Cooker Traeger Tailgater

okie smokie

« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2019, 10:57:50 PM »

Dan, the owners (or one of them) replied to my email today. He said they are only selling the Kansas City Grill and Outdoor Cooking now. He provided their phone number if anyone wants a coupon for a “pretty healthy discount”  on either one. You can PM me and I’ll give you his info if anyone is interested.
Just selling current inventory at bargain prices? It would be interesting to get some feedback from actual owners of those two models. Strange that after 10 or more years, that no feedback is available on those models. (excluding feedback on their own site) If they are mostly satisfied, I think the problem is that they do not have a good marketing program. Would not be surprised that after existing models are sold, they will fold. BWTHDIK?

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2019, 11:04:47 PM »

Just selling current inventory at bargain prices? It would be interesting to get some feedback from actual owners of those two models. Strange that after 10 or more years, that no feedback is available on those models. (excluding feedback on their own site) If they are mostly satisfied, I think the problem is that they do not have a good marketing program. Would not be surprised that after existing models are sold, they will fold. BWTHDIK?

Sure does feel that way.  Is the PID controller easily replaceable with another company's PID?  I guess if the main things (auger, igniter and PID) have possible replacements then the risk is somewhat lowered.

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2019, 08:10:15 AM »

I agree, could be getting rid of the last of the supply and then shuttering. Not a good sign if true. It stinks because I feel like they are doing something different. But without much reviews, how the heck would anyone know what they are doing (good or bad)?

Wonder if the tariffs policies are having an impact on their business decisions since the grills are made in China?
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2019, 10:47:10 AM »

Sure does feel that way.  Is the PID controller easily replaceable with another company's PID?  I guess if the main things (auger, igniter and PID) have possible replacements then the risk is somewhat lowered.
PID looks like the same as on the Louisiana smokers.  The Blaz'n PID is also the same, but an older model (red LED vs blue). Both should be adaptable and are adjustable for differences.  I looked at the pics from their ads and then searched for the fan on the net and it also appears to be common. (Chinese, induction type). Don't know about the auger motor but bet it is also available. Dan told me the hot rod has a ceramic center but otherwise?  Having said all that-I would still want to wait and see.
P.S.  Forgot to add that Memphis grills also have the same type controller.  I think they are made by a company called Roanoke.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 10:12:09 PM by okie smokie »

Maynerd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2019, 01:02:20 PM »

So I called SNH and the discount pricing for the KCG is $1400 including freight.  Not bad but also not as cheap as I found at another retailer.  I wasn't comfortable asking the guy if they were going out of business.  LOL so still not sure.  I asked about the ECO and he said the reception for it wasn't that positive (do any of their grills have any volume of reviews negative or positive online?) so they are discontinuing the grill.  Not sure why they wouldn't pull it down from their site.  Also, I mentioned that their info email address bounced and that no one responded to the support email I sent a few days ago.  He didn't really respond to that statement.  If I knew these guys would be around for a while I'd consider the KC grill at the ~$1300 price tag but as it stands I think I'm going to move on to another grill option.  Likely the OG Grilla.

RanrocSmoker I hope you keep posting about your adventures with the grill, good stuff.

RanrocSmoker

Smoke-n-Hot Grills...Too! The Eco.
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2019, 01:13:21 PM »

So I called SNH and the discount pricing for the KCG is $1400 including freight.  Not bad but also not as cheap as I found at another retailer.  I wasn't comfortable asking the guy if they were going out of business.  LOL so still not sure.  I asked about the ECO and he said the reception for it wasn't that positive (do any of their grills have any volume of reviews negative or positive online?) so they are discontinuing the grill.  Not sure why they wouldn't pull it down from their site.  Also, I mentioned that their info email address bounced and that no one responded to the support email I sent a few days ago.  He didn't really respond to that statement.  If I knew these guys would be around for a while I'd consider the KC grill at the ~$1300 price tag but as it stands I think I'm going to move on to another grill option.  Likely the OG Grilla.

RanrocSmoker I hope you keep posting about your adventures with the grill, good stuff.

Thanks for sharing your update, Maynerd.

While I think it’s nice that he was honest about the Eco’s reception, I think you should go with your gut on this one. The OG Grilla looks solid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2019, 06:27:44 PM »

FYI if you go to their listed address on their web page on Google Maps.  It is a PO Box in a UPS store in Dallas.  So no store front. Probably warehouses elsewhere.  I suspect a home office. Which is OK but not for a company that has been making and selling a product for 9 or so years. I agree with caution at this point.  Too bad, I really like the KC design.

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2019, 08:12:58 PM »

Flame ON!

Smoked at 200* until IT of 120. Heated grill up to 650* and then opened the direct flame slats before returning the steaks to the grill.

A little flare up to add some nice char to the steak this afternoon. 1 minute total per side (30 seconds per side then flip x3), and a couple parts still got too charred...but it reminded me of how some of the steaks I've made on the kettle used to come out. Ahh the memories.

And please don't let the juices fool you...it was well rested and much of the juice was there on the plate well before I cut into the meat.

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2019, 08:14:56 PM »

Also did a couple of pork chops at 500* once the steaks were done.

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up