Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoke-n-Hot Grills...Too! The Eco.  (Read 27349 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: Smoke-n-Hot Grills...Too! The Eco.
« Reply #240 on: August 19, 2019, 10:07:54 AM »

I am impressed.  You are becoming a top pit master.  :clap:

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2019, 10:30:49 AM »

That steak looks awesome, nicely done.

RanrocSmoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2019, 05:02:45 PM »

Okie and Yorkdude,

Thanks. I'm having a blast. Wish I had time to cook more, but that thing called "work" gets in the way.

I really cook steaks more than anything, and I want to start doing turkey breasts and whole chickens when time permits (and when the afternoon thunderstorms ease up).

I keep thinking I want to buy a rotisserie kit...maybe that'll be a Christmas gift for myself.
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2019, 05:21:07 PM »

Okie and Yorkdude,

Thanks. I'm having a blast. Wish I had time to cook more, but that thing called "work" gets in the way.

I really cook steaks more than anything, and I want to start doing turkey breasts and whole chickens when time permits (and when the afternoon thunderstorms ease up).

I keep thinking I want to buy a rotisserie kit...maybe that'll be a Christmas gift for myself.
I'm thinking of another brisket.  Just me and my wife, so will probably do just a flat. We never eat much meat at one time, so I have to cut it into portions and freeze a lot of it. It is good cold also. Tricky to reheat it after freezing. I was told that the only way to do that right was to put it in a steamer pan. Microwave ruins it IMO.

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2019, 06:01:35 PM »

Okie and Yorkdude,

I'm thinking of another brisket.  Just me and my wife, so will probably do just a flat. We never eat much meat at one time, so I have to cut it into portions and freeze a lot of it. It is good cold also. Tricky to reheat it after freezing. I was told that the only way to do that right was to put it in a steamer pan. Microwave ruins it IMO.
Love sliced cold brisket!

But when I need to heat it from the freezer,  I just wrap the portion in foil and stick it in the oven. I never keep track of the temp, but I’m sure it’s around 300-350 for about 45-60 minutes or around there depending on the size of the portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2019, 08:52:19 AM »

Foil keeps the moisture in also.  Good idea and easier.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »

I rarely do brisket as I am the only one that would eat it. I do buy from a BBQ place we like and I will just lay slices in a warm skillet to heat or use the SV to reheat.

okie smokie

« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »

You've been silent for a while.  How is all going?   ???

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2019, 03:55:08 AM »

You've been silent for a while.  How is all going?   ???
Hey there! Thanks for checking in.

Been busy with work (end of year projects and chaos). I live in the Orlando area but then travel two hours one way for work, two hours back. Not a lot of time between work and then going after hours to school events for the kids. I do try to squeeze in a few games of Pickleball once a week or so.

But I only get to use the grill about once every other week, if that. Mostly steak, spare ribs, chicken breasts and thighs. Nothing exciting. I’ve cooked bacon which turned out really good. But mostly quick and high heat. Setting the grill to 600 makes quick work of things.

No issues with back burn since that one event. The grill just works and the food is great.

Since it’s really humid here, and I don’t use the grill as often as I’d like, I don’t keep the hopper loaded. I have a bowl that holds two pounds of pellets at a time and just scoop four pounds for my short cooks.

My last spare rib cook was almost 6 hrs at 250, and I scooped ~6 lbs of pellets for it. I had less than a pound left in the hopper (just guesstimating) and I let unit burn them out before shutting down.

The only thing I have time to do regularly around pellet grills nowadays is read forums (including lurking around here! LOL) and look for sales on pellets. I have several bags sitting in bins in my garage from recent sales that I’m dying to get to use!

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2019, 03:57:44 PM »

Glad the SNH as behaved well. My cook frequency has been down also but nothing new otherwise.  I just purchased the SS from shelf for my 590 but not sure I like it.  Will need to put some miles on it to be sure. 
Hope your winter is mild. 

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2019, 08:08:05 AM »

Glad the SNH as behaved well. My cook frequency has been down also but nothing new otherwise.  I just purchased the SS from shelf for my 590 but not sure I like it.  Will need to put some miles on it to be sure. 

I hope the shelf works out for you. Extra space should come in handy, especially when you least expect it!

Winter? What’s that? LOL! Still waiting for some semblance of an Autumn around here.

I was up in Minnesota recently for business and the foliage changing colors were beautiful! Never see that here in central part of Florida.

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2019, 11:11:49 AM »

I hope the shelf works out for you. Extra space should come in handy, especially when you least expect it!

Winter? What’s that? LOL! Still waiting for some semblance of an Autumn around here.

I was up in Minnesota recently for business and the foliage changing colors were beautiful! Never see that here in central part of Florida.

We were in Rochester, Minn. in mid September and it was still warm but lots of rain then.  Bet it is spectacular now. We are in Tulsa and the trees are just beginning to color. Lots of cold rain the past week. We will get a full winter like up north but shorter and less intense (I hope).  Hope you get more time to "smoke".  :bbq:

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2019, 04:59:39 PM »

Did my first rib roast yesterday! Almost 4 lbs, choice cut...was on sale for $6.99/lb and I was in the mood for steak.

Decided not to slice it into steaks and just smoke and sear it. Created a paste of spices from the cupboard, beef bouillon, olive oil, and soy sauce. Slapped it on and sat in fridge for about 30 minutes while I got the grill set up.

Smoked using 100% Pecan (Lumberjack brand) at 190 until internal temp of 115, took off the grill to rest, then cranked unit up to 550. Back on the grill for about 8-10 minutes, then rested in my kitchen oven for almost an hour. Internal temp after I took it off the grill was just over 130 in the center.

Very savory flavor, great char, BUT I PUT WAY TOO MUCH SALT!!! I thought a big hunk of meat like that needed lots of salt, but I over did it between the kosher salt, soy sauce, and the bouillon. Lesson learned...will no do nearly as much next time.

Some pics on the grill, some pretty smoke from the grill, and money shots!

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2019, 05:48:18 PM »

Looks great
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

RanrocSmoker

« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2019, 05:55:24 PM »

Looks great

Thank you, sir! I will definitely be doing this again, and maybe a much larger roast (if the $ is there, and if the wife lets me).
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up