Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bourbon brined turkey breast  (Read 525 times)

garmp

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
  • Rec-Tec R300
bourbon brined turkey breast
« on: December 20, 2019, 10:55:33 AM »

When I first got my grill I made a bourbon brined turkey breast that was outstanding. Now I have request for it again. Well I can't find my recipe. Got a general idea for the brine, but really don't want to muck it up.
Anyone have a really good bourbon brine recipe?

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Re: bourbon brined turkey breast
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 07:58:59 PM »

I don't know if this will work, cause it is not a bourbon brine turkey recipe.  I make a great brine using ginger beer as an ingredient.  I use a basic brine and add the ginger beer (goes great with pork chops).  Maybe if you do not find anything you can go along the same line with a basic brine and add bourbon instead of ginger beer.  Might be worth a try.  Just think, if it comes out great you can brag about creating your own brine.... you really like.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 11:09:34 PM »

I had a great bourbon steak marinade recipe.  I lost it several years ago.  I feel your pain.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 08:37:54 AM »

When I first got my grill I made a bourbon brined turkey breast that was outstanding. Now I have request for it again. Well I can't find my recipe. Got a general idea for the brine, but really don't want to muck it up.
Anyone have a really good bourbon brine recipe?

I would not worry about mucking it up.  I would just add more bourbon and be sure they eat a lot of turkey.  then have your guess ahh it down with water and two ice cubes.  If nothing else they should be happy and sleepy especially combined with the the bourbon and the sleep effect turkeys have. :cool:

Sorry i could not be of more assistance however hav a very Merry Christmas
Pages: [1]   Go Up