Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jul 2021
  • 5.99lb for ribs at my local Costco. I just can’t right now with these prices.

Last night, my brother told me that is what he is paying thru a meat distributor he buys his product for his bbq biz.  Going to have to up his prices for the 2nd or 3rd time this season.
  • #17 by hughver on 08 Jul 2021
  • Don't really know, i/ve been laid up from the aftermath of a mild stroke in mid July and am still in rehab. hospital.  I hope to go home next week.
  • #18 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Jul 2021
  • hughver, so sorry to hear about your stroke.  I hope everything is going in the right direction and you have a quick return home.
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jul 2021
  • hughver, so sorry to hear about your stroke.  I hope everything is going in the right direction and you have a quick return home.

+1 on that

hope to see you around on here more frequently when you are back home.
  • #20 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2021
  • Had not seen you and knew something was up, just did not want to hear it was this.  Well, you are able to get back on, that is good for us and a good sign.  You will be in my prayers!

Don't really know, i/ve been laid up from the aftermath of a mild stroke in mid July and am still in rehab. hospital.  I hope to go home next week.
  • #21 by hughver on 08 Jul 2021

+1 on that

hope to see you around on here more frequently when you are back home.

I definitely will, I just pulled the trigger on  Anova steam oven to complement my smoked meats. it arrived yesterday' my wife said that it weighs 50 lb.
  • #22 by hughver on 08 Jul 2021
  • Had not seen you and knew something was up, just did not want to hear it was this.  Well, you are able to get back on, that is good for us and a good sign.  You will be in my prayers!

Don't really know, i/ve been laid up from the aftermath of a mild stroke in mid June and am still in rehab. hospital.  I hope to go home next week.

THanks, left side function has not returned. makes typing tough.
  • #23 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Sep 2021
  • $5.48/# for baby back ribs and $3.48/# for bone in pork shoulders at Sam's today

I didn't buy either
  • #24 by Bentley on 18 Sep 2021
  • The ribs are high but not outrageous, I would never buy any at that price personally.  But a cut that is usually .99¢ to $1.49/lb. at that price is straight up manipulation and inflation!
  • #25 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Sep 2021
  • The ribs are high but not outrageous, I would never buy any at that price personally.  But a cut that is usually .99¢ to $1.49/lb. at that price is straight up manipulation and inflation!

Pre-covid those same ribs were $2.99-$3.49
  • #26 by WiPelletHead on 22 Sep 2021
  • A grocery chain here in WI (Festival Food) has whole bone in pork butts for $1.00 a pound. Haven't seen that price in a long time.
  • #27 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Sep 2021
  • A grocery chain here in WI (Festival Food) has whole bone in pork butts for $1.00 a pound. Haven't seen that price in a long time.

stock up
  • #28 by urnmor on 23 Sep 2021
  • Do you not ask yourself the question why some of this meat is so cheap.  I know food prices are skyrocketing however I would prefer to buy less to get quality over quantity. 
  • #29 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Sep 2021
  • Do you not ask yourself the question why some of this meat is so cheap.  I know food prices are skyrocketing however I would prefer to buy less to get quality over quantity.

I don't because I feel I can make it taste good even if the quality is lower.  Also, some of this stuff is potentially good quality.  It possibly could be that the supply chain had product not being used for the restaurant industry that they felt they could liquidate through the mass retail channel.
  • #30 by Bentley on 07 Jan 2022
  • Fredericksburg, VA 1/7/22, look at the price in reply #10 from July...gives me hope for beef one day.  Loin up .20¢/lb and belly up about .90¢/lb.  Still better then $4.90/lb. for the bacon at Costco.

Pages:
Actions