Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanksgiving 2021...  (Read 1206 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Thanksgiving 2021...
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 02:45:49 PM »

Mine will have no color, that is lovely color.  What wood did you use?
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 03:31:48 PM »

Chicken thighs came off a bit ago.

Those are looking good, just a bread stuffing? What do you have holding them together?

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 03:43:21 PM »

Mine will have no color, that is lovely color.  What wood did you use?
Thanks, I think it was the Lumberjack Competition Blend, but it had the color after the one hour at 225, plus a smoke box in there.

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 10:44:06 PM »

People have had some nice looking turkey's. Here is mine.
Mak 2 Star General #1799

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 07:43:59 AM »

Not quite food related, but I had a fun Thanksgiving Eve.

For starters, I took my parents into the pizza shop that my brother who passed away a month or so ago used to own.  His oldest son now runs it.  It is the first time since the funeral that my parents got to see their two grandsons, their two great grandsons, and there daughter in law.  We had a nice time and spent about 2.5 hours there.

Then, I met up with some friends.  My hometown plays a Thanksgiving morning football game (almost) every year.  Today is the 98th game played against our cross town rivals.  The tradition when I was in my late teens and early 20's was to go out partying the night before until the early morning hours, get a few hours of sleep and then start tailgating at 7am for the 10am game.  Some folks still carry on that tradition, but not like we used to.  We found ourselves in a HUGE garage (probably 2000-3000 sq ft without counting the storage on the second level).  Some guys we know have a punk rock band and they played a 2+ hour set of cover songs.  We had a blast.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew,
Looks like a great night!  What schools play in that crosstown rivalry?
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2021, 10:18:36 AM »

My turkey on my new SB PP36 turned out great.  It took 6.75 hours to do it.  When it was done I double wrapped it in foil and put it in an ice chest for the 45 minute trip to my niece's home.  When we took it our of the ice chest about 2 hours later it was still hot.  My SIL even took the carcass and the skin home to boil for gumbo. 
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2021, 10:45:41 AM »

What now?  Sandwiches, soup, dumplings, salads, Pilau, wraps, stew, enchiladas'...?
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »

What we didn't freeze will end up in sandwiches, salads (wife eats those), and tortillas.

==================================================================================
People have had some nice looking turkey's. Here is mine.

Nice looking bird!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 11:31:49 AM by 02ebz06 »
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Ralphie

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2021, 12:21:03 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

15 lbs each on the Recteq.

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2021, 05:29:26 PM »

Long before I ever heard of pellet smokers in 1987, I bought a 26" Weber kettle for Thanksgiving turkey.  Our typical turkey over the years was 25 lbs.  Well we ran out of turkey in 2019.  My wife has four siblings and her parents.  Our typical Thanksgiving is now 30-40 people including most of her family and our kids.  This year I refurbed my old Weber and picked up a second for another turkey.  Both were brined and injected.

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2021, 07:57:37 PM »

We are doing Thanksgiving on Friday to accommodate work schedules. Just finished a four bone rib roast over coals on my Weber kettle. Finishing up a whole turkey breast on my Daniel Boone.

My wife prepped the brussle sprouts and asparagus that will go on the Razor griddle about the time we take the turkey off to rest. Most everything else is done.

There are still two BBQ's we have not used today. My gas Weber Q2000 min gas grill and a Weber kettle setup to run a Thermoworks Billows.

I couldn't use the Billows since I needed the Thermowork Signals on turkey in the smoker.

We even got sugar free pumpkin and apple pies. The only time I get dessert is if it is sugar free.

It is has been an interesting day. Dell has been working on my computers for most of the day while I run up and down the stairs to manage the food.

This is where wifi really helps, but I am only using it on the smoker, which has wifi controls and my signals for temperature monitoring.

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 11:48:53 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2021, 08:18:38 AM »

Hope everyone had a happy Thansgiving. Some fantastic looking food.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2021, 09:50:27 PM »

For starters, I took my parents into the pizza shop that my brother who passed away a month or so ago used to own.  His oldest son now runs it.  It is the first time since the funeral that my parents got to see their two grandsons, their two great grandsons, and there daughter in law.  We had a nice time and spent about 2.5 hours there.

Then, I met up with some friends.  My hometown plays a Thanksgiving morning football game (almost) every year.  Today is the 98th game played against our cross town rivals.  The tradition when I was in my late teens and early 20's was to go out partying the night before until the early morning hours, get a few hours of sleep and then start tailgating at 7am for the 10am game.  Some folks still carry on that tradition, but not like we used to.  We found ourselves in a HUGE garage (probably 2000-3000 sq ft without counting the storage on the second level).  Some guys we know have a punk rock band and they played a 2+ hour set of cover songs.  We had a blast.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew,

Catasauqua vs Northampton

Phillipsburg NJ vs Easton PA played in their 114th game on Tday too
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Ralphie

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2021, 01:02:09 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew,

Catasauqua vs Northampton

Phillipsburg NJ vs Easton PA played in their 114th game on Tday too

I had a feeling it was one of those schools. We’ve discussed our common roots in that area before. 

My dad played for Easton High School in the early 60’s. Went on to play offensive line for University of North Carolina.

dk117

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2021, 01:32:24 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2024 Napoleon Phantom 500 Prestige
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up