Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by okie smokie on 07 Feb 2022
  • Glad you are recovering well. Do you know or suspect where you were exposed. It often grows in ventilator systems that do not drain well, or have wet or damp filters. Or dirty unchanged systems.  Not necessarily so, but it might be helpful in preventing others from getting it.
  • #62 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2022
  • Glad you are recovering well. Do you know or suspect where you were exposed. It often grows in ventilator systems that do not drain well, or have wet or damp filters. Or dirty unchanged systems.  Not necessarily so, but it might be helpful in preventing others from getting it.

Just had a call with PA Dept of Health.  They asked a list of standard questions and that was it.  Didn't ask me where else I was.  I only went three places without my wife, who is fine by the way - place to have bloodwork drawn, a diner for breakfast after the bloodwork, and the grocery store the following day.  I've narrowed it down to one in my mind.

My county averages about 30+ cases per year.  I happened to be one of those lucky ones this year.  I am grateful that the Lehigh Valley Hospital location whose ER location I went to was able to identify and control the situation pretty quickly.
  • #63 by 02ebz06 on 07 Feb 2022
  • Thanks, everyone.  Get a little bit better everyday.

You'll have a brisket on the grill next weekend.     
  • #64 by elenis on 08 Feb 2022
  • Follow up.  Went to ER on Thursday afternoon and was lucky to get into a room right away.  Just got home today.  Somehow became one of 10k lucky people in the USA each year to get Legionaires Disease.  It is a bacterial pneumonia.  Antibiotics and some breathing therapy for 10 days and should be back to normal then.

Glad they figured out what was wrong and were able to help you quickly. We had an issue in the building I work in 3 years ago that they found legionares after several people became sick. The source was from some source in the basement of the building and it was really involved to get it appropriately remediated.
  • #65 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Feb 2022
  • I wish I knew how I got it.
  • #66 by okie smokie on 08 Feb 2022
  • I wish I knew how I got it.
    Inhaled it somewhere, as it is usually not transmitted by contact or ingestion. You might want to ask the public health people if they will notify you when and if they fined a source. There was a breakout in a hotel some years ago and the water evaporator on the roof was the culprit as I recall. (I'm old and my memory, may be scrambled.)  Will see if I can find reference to it.
  • #67 by okie smokie on 08 Feb 2022
  • Nice review from CDC.

/Users/hlgaspar_1/Desktop/Legionnaires Disease History, Burden, and Trends | CDC.webloc
  • #68 by hughver on 08 Feb 2022
  • Leaving shortly to get a Covid test. Am having mild symptoms, runny nose loss of taste. This is more of a precautionary move to protect those around me. My self-tests have not arrived yet, ordered on Jan. 19th.
  • #69 by 02ebz06 on 08 Feb 2022
  • Hope it's negative.
  • #70 by hughver on 08 Feb 2022
  • Me too, I'll be around vulnerable people this weekend or not.
  • #71 by SmokinHandyman on 08 Feb 2022
  • I try to stay away as much as possible
  • #72 by hughver on 09 Feb 2022
  • I just got results of test, Covid-19= Negative, Flu A= Negative, Flu B= Negative. All's good.
  • #73 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Feb 2022
  • Glad to hear that!
  • #74 by 02ebz06 on 09 Feb 2022
  • Good deal!!!
  • #75 by jdmessner on 15 Feb 2022
  • I ordered my kits when they opened up the registration a day early. Just got them today. I actually forgot all about them!
Pages:
Actions