Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by pmillen on 09 Sep 2022
  • I always read that meat doesn’t absorb any smoke flavor over 180...

There's another school of thought on this—The surface of the meat gets very dry at about 180°F making it difficult for smoke to adhere.  But it will continue to adhere if you spritz the meat.
  • #17 by Bentley on 09 Sep 2022
  • Decided to do oven cook 1st and will sear on Memphis to finish.  I guess with the Maverick inserted, will be easier to judge the end!  And if you are wondering why oven, I am not a big fan of smoke on Steak!  Wood, or charcoal grilled fire for 10 or 15 minutes, not so bad, but 1 or 2 hours in the Smoke and I do not like the texture.
  • #18 by Bentley on 12 Sep 2022
  • New computer, phone wont link, finally figured alt way to get photos to new Desktop. Right!

It was about 45 minutes at 400° which took us to 139° (yes, to much), then 4 minutes and 3 turns on Memphis at 600°.  I did not think it was going to be a tender steak, due to both marbling and then cutting for serving.  It fooled me, it was quite tender and good! Sorry for the bad interior photo's.  I would call the majority of the cut medium.

• #19 by BigDave83 on 12 Sep 2022
  • Nice, I would eat it. I will eat a good steak anywhere from raw to close well done as long as it has flavor and not dry as everything.
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Sep 2022
  • Looks great.  What were your friends thoughts on it?
  • #21 by okie smokie on 12 Sep 2022
  • Perfect medium for me. Hope you enjoyed it.   :clap:
  • #22 by Bentley on 12 Sep 2022
  • He said he enjoy the way it was prepared and liked the cut!
  • #23 by yorkdude on 13 Sep 2022
  • Looks excellent to me, nicely done.
  • #24 by Fire708 on 14 Sep 2022
  • I always read that meat doesn’t absorb any smoke flavor over 180...

There's another school of thought on this—The surface of the meat gets very dry at about 180°F making it difficult for smoke to adhere.  But it will continue to adhere if you spritz the meat.

Ahhh, that would add another reason to spritz.

Bentley - that steak looked wonderful. Nice work.
Pages:
Actions