Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Comment section for Performance Test of Weber Searwood™ 600 Pellet Grill.  (Read 10657 times)

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI

That brisket is sure looking good so far.

:clap: :clap:
FE PG 1000

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

It was a good Brisket cook.  I wanna keep this pit as long as I can so I will have some final thoughts and thank you's in a couple of months!    :pig:
Bacon is a Gateway Food...

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.

Definitely looks like a pit worth keeping.  Great review as always Bentley!
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

I am not a person that usually tastes smoke, but I swear the crumble had a hint of smoke to it!  Cooked the crisp perfectly and saved me from turning on the oven in this terrible heat wave we are having.

WiPelletHead

• Mondovi WI

It was a good Brisket cook.  I wanna keep this pit as long as I can so I will have some final thoughts and thank you's in a couple of months!    :pig:

I think Weber should let you keep this pit. I know you have sold at least one for them. I plan to get one soon.
Thank you for doing the review.
FE PG 1000

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

I think Weber should let you keep this pit. I know you have sold at least one for them. I plan to get one soon.
Thank you for doing the review.

If I didn't have so many pellet grills sitting on my patio already, I would buy one too!
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

I am not, but when I wrapped the pork Butt, it was not a real hard bark.  So I am going to be very interested in how it comes out!

When I used butcher paper, I probably cooked the brisket at a higher temp than you before I wrapped so I had bark at that point.  The bark did soften after wrapping, but there seemed to be more than when I would just pan and cover with foil.  That "steam" method seemed to remove all of the bark if I recall correctly.  I did like the paper method better because I like a little bark but not when it is hard to chew.

Looks like you enjoyed your cook.  Very happy to hear and see that.  It looked wonderful.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

WiPelletHead

• Mondovi WI

Bentley, I have a question about pellet consumption. I don't need detailed use, just your opinion about it.

Looking at the cutting board with the brisket, it looks to have turned out quit moist.
FE PG 1000

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

I would say it uses less then the industry averages between 200-400°  I only had to fill the hopper once for that cook and there was half left this morning!  Just incase you missed them.

Pellet Consumptions results for the Weber Searwood 600 XL on June 13, 2024 with temperature at 80° and wind 2 mph.

200° 68 minutes or 0.88lbs./hour.
300° 50 minutes or 1.2lbs./hour.
400° 37 minutes or 1.6lbs/hour.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 09:18:32 PM by Bentley »

ZCZ

How easy was it to clean out the burn pot after the long brisket cook?  How much ash in the burn pot compared to other grills you have cooked brisket on?
2013 Memphis Pro

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

I have not done it. 

To give you an idea of how well the cool down system works, I have not cleaned out the combustion chamber since I started cooking on it!  If I can remember I will go take a picture when it cool down!

How easy was it to clean out the burn pot after the long brisket cook?  How much ash in the burn pot compared to other grills you have cooked brisket on?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

Decided I would have a Swedish Breakfast, so I decided to make Bridget Johansson's Ugnspannkaka.  Cooking it outs side on the Weber Searwood 600. 

ZCZ

Swedish food, as I recall, having been raised as a Swede in northern MN, isn’t know for having a lot of flavor.  Lutefisk being a case in point. 

As my dad used to say: “You can always tell a Swede . . . but you can’t tell him much.”
When he started first grade he could not speak English as they spoke Swedish at home all the time.
2013 Memphis Pro

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck

Your July 15 photograph of the combustion chamber showed quite a bit of fly ash and/or unburned fine pellet dust nearby.  But as I recall, sometime back you posted a photograph of a white paper plate that had been in the smoking chamber during a fairly long cook and there wasn't any fly ash and/or unburned fine pellet dust on it.

Am I remembering that correctly?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

I will let you decide.  Before and after.  Sorry for the Pork Butt juice on the plate.

Your July 15 photograph of the combustion chamber showed quite a bit of fly ash and/or unburned fine pellet dust nearby.  But as I recall, sometime back you posted a photograph of a white paper plate that had been in the smoking chamber during a fairly long cook and there wasn't any fly ash and/or unburned fine pellet dust on it.

Am I remembering that correctly?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up