Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life is a Crock (pot)  (Read 2148 times)

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
Re: Life is a Crock (pot)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2024, 10:45:44 PM »

After 4 hours
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

After mixing
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2024, 06:39:00 PM »

Glad you liked it, the onion rings sound like a good addition.  Maybe two boxes of stuffing?

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2024, 08:29:47 AM »

I met with the neighborhood association last night. I brought in crockpots of Lasagna, chicken stuffing casserole, and rice pudding. It must have gone over okay, they voted to go forward with the project!

The goal is to have the program go eight weeks. We will have a group dinner the first and last week, with six drop-off meals.

There are senior apartments in the neighborhood, so we may also do a series on cooking for one. This would be an opportunity to connect with people who have lost spouses and find it difficult to make meals.

My job over the next few weeks will be to figure out the dinners and put together a budget. So far I am looking at: chicken stuffing casserole, lasagna, ham and scalloped potatoes, meatloaf, stew, and stroganoff.

If nothing else, at least I will be eating well as I do my "research"!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2024, 10:38:36 AM »

I am going to try a crockpot Huli Huli chicken today.  Not sure if it would meet your needs since it is just the chicken with some pineapple chunks added at the end.  I will make rice separate and you could have other sides separate but not a one pot meal.

Your plan sounds good and a lot of folks will be happy for both the food and a visit.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2024, 04:32:36 PM »

Huli Huli chicken is done. I understand in Hawaii they would have barbecued the pieces and then sauced with the Huli Huli sauce kind of like we would do barbecue chicken. But this is the Crock-Pot version and they suggested you might want to pull the chicken and serve over rice which sounds good to me. I thought I had a can of chunk pineapple but it turned out to be crushed pineapple. So I drained it and added it anyway, I am such a rebel. LOL!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up