Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: In preparation for the BigBite® 30 lb. Motorized Stuffer.  (Read 882 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
In preparation for the BigBite® 30 lb. Motorized Stuffer.
« on: October 04, 2024, 10:13:15 AM »

Have already made the Breakfast Sausage. Tasted it yesterday in an Egg McBent and it was right.  Hopefully today is the Chipotle /Cheddar/Pepper Jack Sausage, (it is pictured below) Italian, Rosemary/Sun Dried Tomato Chicken and lastly Chorizo.  Then hopefully tomorrow we pipe it all through the BigBite!

I think you might need to enjoy Med to Low heat to like this one.  Kristin is going to take a bite, so she can comment!

Bacon is a Gateway Food...

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
Re: In preparation for the BigBite® 30 lb. Motorized Stuffer.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2024, 10:24:25 AM »

Yes, I was correct.  You would need to enjoy whole pickled Jalapeños I believe to enjoy this sausage.  I finally went with my own recipe, my own creation, and I think it is a great sausage!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2024, 02:13:54 PM »

3 of the 5 sausage are done with the finish of the Mexican Chorizo.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2024, 03:08:57 PM »

The jalapeno-cheddar was good and had good flavor, but I did need to take a mouthful of milk a bit later because the burn lingered.  But not so hot that I would not eat again, just would keep some milk handy!!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2024, 07:41:58 PM »

For those watching this thread, I am pretty sure if you act soon LEM has this machine on sale for 20% off right now and may have the big bite grinder on sale too.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

NorCal Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2024, 04:57:11 PM »

Sure looks like a lot of work!  Thanks for the hard work and look forward to seeing the finished sausage!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2024, 10:37:19 AM »

Yeah, a lot of prep more then real work.  I am going in to finish the Chicken & Italian now I will have some video of the BigBite in Action today!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2024, 03:21:12 PM »

22 lbs of piped sausage and I cant find the video.  Which either means I thought I started it and I did not, or who knows.  All i know is it is not on my phone.  I will try and make some snack sticks in the future!  I am sorry!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2024, 03:39:24 PM »

I swear I did it!  That is as Bonehead a move as I have done in years.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2024, 05:10:51 PM »

Even the stills I took did not come out right! Although, I feel like they were the video that for some reason won't transfer correctly!

NorCal Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2024, 05:32:23 PM »

Bentley,
Even though the pictures did not come out how you wanted, was it user friendly?  Easier than stuffing through a grinder.  Just curious.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2024, 08:54:37 PM »

It is big and a beast, but it is easy to operate. I had an issue with the piston gasket coming out of its seem.  Which you would all have seen on the video.  I worked on it twice, as it happened when it was full.  The issue seemed to go away when it was about half full.  Will call LEM tomorrow to see if I could have been doing something wrong.

Even though it has a variable speed control, it comes out quick (or should I say huge volume) even on slow.  It is so commercial grade that you need a dedicated, stainless steel, commercial grade (think long and large) work table to pipe on to.  I truly believe with that it would be a breeze!  You need to be able to just let the pipped sausage run, so to speak!   

It has been a long time since I piped through a grinder.  You can't even make the comparison with this piece of equipment.  The "hands free" ability to pipe sausage is a game changer for someone who has never had the option.

I promise I will get the ingredients and casings for Slim Jim's and make a boat load of them to make up for todays debacle.  It won't be immediate, but it will happen!             

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2024, 10:03:08 PM »

Hmmm....so are you saying if I plan to make sausage it would be a lot easier to have one of these versus the attachments for the Big Bite grinder?  I should have bought one during the 25% off sale last week.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2024, 06:41:42 AM »

Hmmm....so are you saying if I plan to make sausage it would be a lot easier to have one of these versus the attachments for the Big Bite grinder?  I should have bought one during the 25% off sale last week.

I will answer this also from my experience. Yes a stuffer even if you were to use the hand crank on this would be many times better and easier than stuffing with a grinder. Now if you are stuffing 3"+ casings a grinder works decently, I have done 3 and 4 " stuff with the Cabelas #22 grinder with good results, anything smaller was a pain to work with in my opinion and that was with the foot pedal on the grinder. I bought an 11 pound I believe stuffer from cabelas and used it and then on another trip found a motor for it in the bargain cave, we plugged it in at the store and it worked and I found out the bolts to attach it to the stuffer were missing. I grabbed 2 out of a customers bolt bin and put it on, a big difference when having both hands free to work with as opposed to turning the handle. Stuffing the larger casing as I had done with the grinder, I think I spent more time loading the stuffer than I spent emptying it.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2024, 03:10:38 PM »

What is the attachment?  Even with the attachment, do you have to manually feed the meat/ground sausage into the grinder?

Hmmm....so are you saying if I plan to make sausage it would be a lot easier to have one of these versus the attachments for the Big Bite grinder?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up