Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 05 Feb 2018

•  Have you ever been confronted by neighbours about smoke from your pit?   Some fo you don't have that concern due to distance..As Davey Crocket said, it' time to move when I can see smoke from my neighbours chimney on a calm day.

If there was an issue, how was it handled?
  • #2 by MP09 on 05 Feb 2018
  • No issues only told it smelled really good.
  • #3 by SmokinHandyman on 05 Feb 2018
  • No issues only told it smelled really good.

Same here, no issues
  • #4 by TechMOGogy on 05 Feb 2018
  • 3 of my neighbors now own pellet pits due to smelling, seeing and tasting the food that came off of mine.
    If they were stick burners belching out thick white smoke it may have gone differently :)
  • #5 by reubenray on 05 Feb 2018
  • My neighbors are used to my smoke.  Their only complaint has been it smells too good.
  • #6 by ZCZ on 05 Feb 2018
  • My patio adjoins the neighbors.  The previous owner would leave their patio screen door open so I could not smoke in the summer time out of consideration for her.  She passed away and we have new neighbors.  They love the smoke smell so much that he bought a Memphis Pro as well.

Z
  • #7 by CaptJerry on 05 Feb 2018
  • Read a story a while back about a POA that was going to fine people if their bbq smoke
    wasn't contained to their property. I believe it was in Florida.
    I believe if I lived in that neighborhood the least of their worries would be smoke from my pit.  :cool:
  • #8 by silverbullet on 05 Feb 2018
  • Nothing but compliments here.
  • #9 by Bobitis on 05 Feb 2018
  • Well... there was that one time when I relit my pit after a flameout the night before.  :-[

A couple of ladies were walking their dogs when I stepped out onto the deck to behold a HUGE ugly yellowish smoke pouring outta my Jr. Seriously, a pit this small shouldn't be able to belch that much smoke.   :o

They asked if everything was ok and I assured them it was.  ::)
  • #10 by Michael_NW on 06 Feb 2018
  • My patio adjoins the neighbors.  The previous owner would leave their patio screen door open so I could not smoke in the summer time out of consideration for her.  She passed away and we have new neighbors.  They love the smoke smell so much that he bought a Memphis Pro as well.

Z

A true evangelist!
  • #11 by keithj69 on 06 Feb 2018
  • Before I got my pellet grills, I used propane vertical smokers.  On one of my first cooks right after moving into my place, the vertical got really hot in the beginning and started belching out lots of white smoke.   I heard the neighbor behind me saying "No, it is just a grill, the house is not on fire."   Now i just get  "were you cooking this weekend?"
  • #12 by Redapple on 06 Feb 2018
  • No complaints
  • #13 by Clonesmoker on 08 Feb 2018
  • neighbors come over and usually ask me what I am smoking today.  I will normally offer up some of what I am smoking to them. That is why they keep coming over!
  • #14 by Canadian John on 08 Feb 2018
  • neighbors come over and usually ask me what I am smoking today.  I will normally offer up some of what I am smoking to them. That is why they keep coming over!
    Ironically I get the same response here.  So nice to have good neighbours.
  • #15 by pmillen on 09 Feb 2018
  • I had a horrible piece of junk Charbroil infrared gas grill that had grates and IR generators that would rust if not completely seasoned.  The problem was—cooking on it would burn off the seasoning.

So, I'd regularly season it with various oils.  The resulting smoke would stink up my deck and carry on the wind.  My neighbor would close her windows but never complained.  She once asked what I was cooking.

Now, when I use my PG500 she always tells me that it smells fine and makes her think of a cabin in the woods.  We often share the food with her.
Pages:
Actions