Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 14 Mar 2018
  • Oatmeal Stout!
  • #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Mar 2018
  • I put enough beer in the pan to cover the beef before covering and continuing cooking until it falls apart.

Big question.

Cheap, light or whatever type of beer???

I think something stronger tasting than a light beer.  I recently cleaned out my fridge of beers that I didn't like or had been in there for quite some time.  I used 5 of them in my this batch - Yuengling, Flying Dog jalapeno, Flying Dog salt n pepper.  They worked great in the beef even though I didn't like them as a beer drinker, and I have probably had 400-500 different beers in the last 5-6 years.
  • #18 by old smoker on 15 Mar 2018
  • Oh that looks soooo good
  • #19 by hokiepop on 15 Mar 2018
  • Every part of the Nation gets deals on Beef except Mayberry!
    Have you checked Food Lion this week-$ 2.77 lb for boneless chuck roast here in RVA.
  • #20 by hokiepop on 15 Mar 2018
  • That beef looks so good I am going to try making it.  I never thought to smoke it in beer and we certainly have our share of craft breweries here in Richmond.
  • #21 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Mar 2018
  • That beef looks so good I am going to try making it.  I never thought to smoke it in beer and we certainly have our share of craft breweries here in Richmond.

No, you smoke it uncovered on the grill grate until it hits 160° with the grill set at 250°-275° (takes about 3-4 hours).  You then put it in a pan, pour the beer in to cover the meat, cover the pan, and cook at 350° until the meat falls apart.  This could take about 4 hours in the pan.
  • #22 by Bentley on 15 Mar 2018
  • No, but I will! Thanks!

Every part of the Nation gets deals on Beef except Mayberry!
    Have you checked Food Lion this week-$ 2.77 lb for boneless chuck roast here in RVA.
Pages:
Actions