Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Saw this pizza oven over the weekend  (Read 4779 times)

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
Re: Saw this pizza oven over the weekend
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 12:43:29 PM »

A side note...  I still have notions that a person could somehow manage to put a pellet feed into a existing pizza oven to supply the heat.   Not sure if this particular unit would lend itself to that, but... well, the price point is approaching where it might be interesting to try if it didn't work out well using logs.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

bobbert

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 07:13:31 PM »

I was assuming those were 12 x 12 tiles, so 36 x 24 inside?  But I cant see a grove in the middle of pit. I guess I am wrong.  Those tiles don't go all the way to the left and right?  No Sams around us, next time someone goes into one that has one, take a tape measure!

Opening is 19" wide.  There is a metal band that runs along the sides and back.  Inside dimensions of tile only around 25" wide and 21.5" deep.   There is a grate or ash dump in the back center so depth to the grate is 14.5"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 09:58:33 PM by bobbert »

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »

Does anyone know how this thing werks?

The website doesn't say; only that it's 'wood fired'? Wood fired how? The Site is lacking in so many ways that I wouldn't consider a purchase.
Well, maybe if the scrap was worth more than the expense. But I doubt that.  ::)
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 09:22:20 PM »

I can’t get there this weekend as we have plans but can next weekend if anyone wants me to and can do my best to answer questions with photos if any interest.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 09:39:17 PM »

Does anyone know how this thing werks?

The website doesn't say; only that it's 'wood fired'? Wood fired how? The Site is lacking in so many ways that I wouldn't consider a purchase.
Well, maybe if the scrap was worth more than the expense. But I doubt that.  ::)

Sschorr mentioned earlier that it was an nxr product. Here is a video. They use a pre-baked crust in their promotional video so that could be a tip on how functional the unit is or is not. Or they may just not know what they are doing.
https://youtu.be/fRQ9r1eVzdQ

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »

OK that video did it for me...I would gladly pay $200 more for this then the Uuni!  True Wood fired oven, I love pellets, but they are not the idea application for this type cooking...will last for an entire pizza cooking session, plenty of room and you do not need to be a dwarf pigmy to use it.  Flimsy or not, a better choice for me then the Uuni!

bobbert, thanks for those dimensions!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:27:09 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

bobbert

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 09:20:58 AM »

While that center grate does limit the size to a standard medium 12" you might be able to stretch that a little by running the fire off to the side as NXR suggests.   I believe in the past Sam's has had this as low as 329.00, not sure if that was just an introductory price for a new item, clearing out stock, or maybe an older model.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 01:55:30 PM »

I would go buy it today for $329!

LowSlowJoe

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 02:48:20 PM »

I saw one of these in person this past weekend.  It seems built pretty well. I don't know what they put in the area between area above the inside and the outside, but when you knock on the surface, it's clearly got some sort of insulation inside, almost sounds solid. 

Bad news is, I don't think there's hardly 14" between the front and the back of the middle stone... behind that there is a grate area that is used to dump ash into. ( could possibly be used to locate a pellet firepot, if someone wanted to try to make it wood pellet powered.

I would likely buy one if it was around $350, but at $500 it's a bit too much of a risk for me to take..  It is built better than I expected, but I just don't know if it's big enough for a good sized pizza... I also just have no idea if I'd really like it , or use it enough to justify the expense.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:51:03 PM by LowSlowJoe »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »

Whatever happened to the old school pizza oven that you bought and were going to restore?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

LowSlowJoe

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 03:10:00 PM »

Whatever happened to the old school pizza oven that you bought and were going to restore?

I still have it, I bought a modern temperature control valve for it, because the original broke on me.  The new one has different dimensions, so it's going to require some fancy plumbing work on the gas pipes and such, this kinda left me scratching my head on how to proceed.    If I could find someone to fabricate me a side panel, that I could place the nobs and such where I need them, it'd probably be easier to do, than to try and find a way to make my new gas valve fit into the old holes...   So, it's still a work in progress.  I do hope to figure it out over the coming months. 

At one point I had thought about trying to convert it to pellet power, but after thinking about it more, I don't think that's a practical solution.

I'm actually seriously considering drawing up some plans and finding a local fabricator to build me a pizza oven that I could power with pellets.  I'd try to replicate some of the design that is in that old Blodgett pizza oven,  If I could figure out how to do this for $500 or $600 ( not counting the pellet feed setup ) , I think I would be willing to do it.    I'm still trying to figure out a good design that could be done somewhat cheap...

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »

The reason why I no longer buy a lot of stuff!  Funny I have never thought that way about bacon.

...or use it enough to justify the expense.

Mudflap

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Sunset in Harrisburg Oregon
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 05:44:29 PM »

Looks like a Bella Medio pizza oven with just a different logo on left front side.

Ranked at the time #1 by this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rR8VyN5Y_Y

even better one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_yRcoewQc

To much $$$ I will stick with Take & Bake

Mudflap
Just want to cook good food. DB GMG

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »

There was a thread on the Blazin Grill Works pizza oven, did anyone ever find out the cost of those? It looks much bigger than this one.

LowSlowJoe

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 04:32:03 PM »

Someone on Facebook,  in Fort Wayne IN is trying to sell one of these, has two cracked stones. They're asking  $300
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up