Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Model - Jim Olson  (Read 4589 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Re: New Model - Jim Olson
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2019, 07:49:29 PM »

I was able to obtain some pricing information

Green Mountain Prime Grills (Coming March 2019)

Daniel Boone Prime..................$599
Daniel Boone WiFi Black...........$699
Daniel Boone WiFi SS................$749
Jim Bowie Prime.......................$799
Jim Bowie WiFi Black................$899
Jim Bowie WiFi SS.....................$949

If the new Prime have more features why are they less money than the original? That seems odd.

LowSlowFoShow

• Administrator
  • Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • smoke em if you got em
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2019, 08:06:58 PM »

If the new Prime have more features why are they less money than the original? That seems odd.

I was told the current models will be going down in price.
GMG Daniel Boone
GMG Pizza Oven
Don Godke's Downdraft
Meater Block

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 09:32:28 PM »

I like it! GMG doesn't let any grass grow under their feet. They keep moving forward with their product.
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 08:07:36 AM »

I like it! GMG doesn't let any grass grow under their feet. They keep moving forward with their product.
That is what keeps us, the customer, out of the dark ages..We benefit from the manufacturers competing nature.

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »

I bought the wifi version last December. The grill store guy where I bought it told me about the upgrades this past weekend. They really push the pellet cookers at that store.

The guy that sold it to me uses a Daniel Boone. I am happy with the wifi version I have. It was a lot of money for a grill and I probably would not have wanted to push the cost any higher.

I am glad they are keeping the original. The double probes is the only feature that I like, but I have a ThermQ Two Channel thermometer that I can use for the second probe, and third if I get a second meat probe.

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2019, 09:44:58 PM »

I would like to have the 2 shelves on my JB.  Maybe GMG will sell them as add ons.

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2019, 10:58:45 PM »

They sell add-on second shelf grills. They sit on top of the main grill, and cover half the grill each (they span side to side). I got one for the back since I wanted unimpeded access to the lower grill. I figured I could get the second later if I really needed it.  It works pretty well. I also got the fold down front shelf which is very sturdy, and more convenient than the side shelf that comes standard. Along with the high quality cover it is a really good package.

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2019, 07:20:49 AM »

I made a second shelf from a grill grate from Academy Sports and four SS bolts/nuts/washers.  I also have a fold down shelf on my DB using a Traeger Junior fold down shelf.    I would like to see some info on the adjustable heat setup.  I don't have much interest in the see thru windows.  I would like a pellet dump and extra prob's, but as long as my DB is still pumping smoke I will keep it.  (knock on wood)
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »

I would like a pellet dump...

I looked forward to my pellet dump before the pit arrived.  Evolution–
  • I used it a few times and found it difficult to keep from dropping pellets all over the deck.
  • Then I started emptying the hopper by using a Home Depot Bucket Head to directly vacuum the pellets into their storage buckets.
  • Finally—I quit switching pellet flavors because they all taste the same to me.
  • Smoke tastes like smoke.  So I don't need a way to empty the hopper.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Shortstop

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2019, 08:25:05 PM »

I would like a pellet dump...

I looked forward to my pellet dump before the pit arrived.  Evolution–
  • I used it a few times and found it difficult to keep from dropping pellets all over the deck.
  • Then I started emptying the hopper by using a Home Depot Bucket Head to directly vacuum the pellets into their storage buckets.
  • Finally—I quit switching pellet flavors because they all taste the same to me.
  • Smoke tastes like smoke.  So I don't need a way to empty the hopper.

Exactly! This... (Except Mesquite)
Cookshack PG-500 - Fireboard Wireless Thermometer - GMG Daniel Boone - GMG Pizza Oven -Gasser

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2019, 10:42:02 AM »

GMG released a video on their YouTube channel about a week ago.  It's more annoying than useful, darn kids and their rock & roll music.    ;)

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2019, 10:39:38 AM »

Did they at least upgrade the cooking grates?   The main thing that kept me from buying a GMG when I was  in the market last ( just before I bought my PG500 several years ago ), was the flimsy cooking grates.

The only other thing I thought GMG should have done , or should do, is to stop selling the non-wifi grills .   As I  understand it, the controllers are identical on the non-wifi grills, that all they do differently is to not put an antenna on them.  For some reason , I find it irritating that companies basically dumb down products as a 'marketing' choice.  Heck, if they want to charge different, charge extra for an antenna, but don't pretend that the device is significantly different  in any other way.

Meanwhile, seriously I do hope they upgraded the quality of their cooking grates when they did these other updates.

Now, if their original lineup gets cheaper, that would be nice too. In fact, I might even buy one if it was a good enough deal, just for fun. :)
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up