Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 22 Jul 2019
  • In Montreal, smoked meat is a type of smoked brisket.  It's similar to pastrami but the seasonings are different.

I can find some on the Internet but I have more trust in the Pelletfan sources.

EDIT:  Punctuation
  • #2 by Free Mr. Tony on 22 Jul 2019
  • I can recommend a book that I enjoyed reading. It's called The Mile End. I believe it's named after a restaurant specializing in Montreal smoked meat.
  • #3 by yorkdude on 22 Jul 2019
  • Googling it briefly it appears to be a version of corned? Is that the one?
  • #4 by pmillen on 22 Jul 2019
  • Yeah.  (I was thinking it resembled pastrami.)
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Jul 2019
  • I had it once in the Toronto area and did not like it but I don't like corned beef or pastrami either.
  • #6 by hughver on 22 Jul 2019
  • I just left a pub in Canoe Cove, BC (just outside of Sidney) that had a "Montreal Smoked Meat" sandwich on the menu. Having read this thread yesterday and having never heard of such a thing, I decided to give it a try. It was served on a toasted baguette with a green salad. It was delicious, to me, it appeared to be lean brisket but with a distinct flavor. In the fall when I get back to AZ and my grills, I'll give it a try.  (Picture to follow) :lick:
  • #7 by yorkdude on 23 Jul 2019
  • I just left a pub in Canoe Cove, BC (just outside of Sidney) that had a "Montreal Smoked Meat" sandwich on the menu. Having read this thread yesterday and having never heard of such a thing, I decided to give it a try. It was served on a toasted baguette with a green salad. It was delicious, to me, it appeared to be lean brisket but with a distinct flavor. In the fall when I get back to AZ and my grills, I'll give it a try.  (Picture to follow) :lick:
    That is a good looking sandwich, going to have to look into the book FMT referred to.
Pages:
Actions