Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by MustangBob on 08 Jan 2020
  • #2 by Canadian John on 08 Jan 2020

•  Absolutely amazing: The people , pits and product.. I could almost taste it..My kind of place for sure.
  • #3 by cookingjnj on 08 Jan 2020
  • Awesome video.  BBQ passion about sums it all up.
  • #4 by urnmor on 08 Jan 2020
  • Great story
  • #5 by Clonesmoker on 09 Jan 2020
  • For these prices?? 

• #6 by yorkdude on 09 Jan 2020
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Jan 2020
  • #8 by Canadian John on 09 Jan 2020

•  It's a labor of love. They might be making  $.50/HR.
  • #9 by hughver on 09 Jan 2020
  • It's a labor of love. They might be making  $.50/HR.

IMHO, a labor of love is one of us cooking for our families and friends, labor of this magnitude is strictly for profit (especially at those prices).
  • #10 by Bentley on 09 Jan 2020
  • For those of you who have made sausage, how much money do you think you have in a pound of it?  Also, how many cooked ribs do you get in a pound?

That is the highest price per pound sausage I have seen, and that includes Whole Foods, Gelson's Markets, Bristol Farms, Wegman's and Beverly Hills!
  • #11 by Free Mr. Tony on 09 Jan 2020
  • If I remember correctly from past stories (didn't watch the whole video), that place is only open on Saturdays. It's a business, not a backyard. Profit and overhead on a one day a week business would have to command top dollar to make it worth it. From what I've heard of the lines, seems like they have it figured out to some degree.

I would happily pay the price for something I saw the value in. If I didn't bbq but loved to eat it as one example. I have nearly zero patience and the line, not the price, would be what kept me away for certain.
  • #12 by NorCal Smoker on 09 Jan 2020
  • Great video. Thanks for sharing! 
Pages:
Actions