Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: It Just Got Real  (Read 9565 times)

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
Re: It Just Got Real
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2020, 09:58:12 PM »

Arizona's rules for the lock down.

Governor Ducey's order defines "essential services" more broadly than similar directives issued in other states, including hair salons, golf courses and pawn shops in addition to staples like grocery stores and pharmacies.
The order permits "walking, hiking, running, biking or golfing" as well, if appropriate "physical distancing practices are used." Ducey said state officials "realize that people are going to need an outlet, and there's a way to do it in a safe way."

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2020, 10:07:57 PM »

Just like the standards set by the 15 day stuff, I hope before something like this happens again that the federal govt creates standards for the definitions of the names of these orders so that everyone knows what they really mean.  I have no clue what is the difference between lockdown, stay in place, stay at home, etc.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2020, 08:31:14 AM »

Essential isn't as broad in PA. Some counties have travel restrictions and a lot more stuff shut down. In Pittsburgh they took down the basket ball hoops and closed playgrounds and soccer fields. The county we live in has had 2 confirmed cases that I heard of. They opened a testing facility in the building my GF works, and locked down the whole building everyone even the people that work there have to enter and exit one door. She works in the home health office and they have a door that they can go in and out of just for them but they are made to use the same door as everyone else. she works for UPMC so they have their essential employee papers should our county get hit with the no travel thing.

we have no idea on how far this virus will go in cases and deaths but it seems odd that viruses of the past that were pretty severe did nothing in comparison to our lives as what this one has done. Maybe it is just more contagious or actually worse or maybe it is that there is just so much technology and social media and  broadcast media that it just caused the widespread panic that we are experiencing. It is no secret that news stations today are all about grabbing headlines and seem to focus on more negativity than positivity, sadly there are a lot of people out there that just follow along and believe what they hear especially if it leans towards their beliefs whether they are political, religious or otherwise. The next year is going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2020, 11:12:55 AM »

A quote from former CDC Chief Dr. Tom Frieden: "Your personal health is your choice, but the health of others is not. You may feel healthy, but if you get infected you can pass the virus to others who are more vulnerable. You owe it to them not to get infected so you won’t infect them. And you owe it to all of us to do your part in stopping the spread of this virus." 
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2020, 12:09:14 PM »

But according to Dr. Freiden my personal health is really not my choice since I must consider the health of every person in society that I might come into contact with.  So my personal health is being dictated to me by others. Why don't the vulnerable owe me the same duty to just stay home?

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2020, 08:24:50 PM »

FIFTY WAYS TO BEAT THE VIRUS

Stay away from the pack, Jack
Don’t visit your Gran, Stan
Wipe down every toy, Roy
To stay virus free

Don’t hop on the bus, Gus
Don’t listen to Don, Ron
Don’t hoard the TP, Lee
Just stay virus free

Sneeze into your sleeve, Steve
Stop touching your face, Grace
Keep back by six feet, Pete
Heed the CDC

Just use the Purell, Mel
Keep wipes in your purse, Nurse
Take care of your stock, Doc
You need PPE

This isn’t Spring Break, Jake
Stay home if you’re sick, Dick
As COVID leaps, peeps
Just follow the rules, fools
And stay virus free
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2020, 01:41:15 PM »

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/?fbclid=IwAR2dt-8_OSV-ly9S-mpgbKfZm-CVtvPedPihngL91P5dGMpGfUGdBdd-DOM

The numbers are somewhat misleading if the populations aren't considered.  The bubonic plague killed almost 200 million of the 450 million people in the known world.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2020, 10:43:33 PM »

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/?fbclid=IwAR2dt-8_OSV-ly9S-mpgbKfZm-CVtvPedPihngL91P5dGMpGfUGdBdd-DOM

The numbers are somewhat misleading if the populations aren't considered.  The bubonic plague killed almost 200 million of the 450 million people in the known world.
Ye old rat flea was the carrier.and the rat was the co-vector. I don't think the people ever figured it out. Not sure what they could have done about it back then anyhow?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2020, 09:26:43 AM »

Please remember you local food closet/pantry.  I am reading that more and more are running low or are nearly out of food.  In our little county of 50,000 there has been an increase of families requesting food assistance by 45%.  Please help them if you can.

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2020, 11:48:43 AM »

Please remember you local food closet/pantry.  I am reading that more and more are running low or are nearly out of food.  In our little county of 50,000 there has been an increase of families requesting food assistance by 45%.  Please help them if you can.

Thank you for posting this, you are absolutely correct. Earlier in the week we arranged for a mobile food pantry to come to pur village through Feeding America. We distributed almost 6,000 lbs of food curbside in 2 hours to around 100 families.

A friend of mine is shutting down his BBQ till this thing passes. He had a lot of inventory to get rid of so he handed out pulled pork lunches curbside to the folks that came.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2020, 12:31:20 PM »

What a wonderful thing for him to do.  I know it sounds inconsistent, but somewhat hungry adults I can somewhat tolerate.  Hungry children just tear me apart.

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2020, 02:14:16 PM »

my local parks and rec department is opening up the empty mall parking lot to folks living in their cars.  They are providing on site sanitation services and security.   What they aren't providing is food.  So I contacted them and said I could feed the group a meal out of my freezer, I'd just need 24 hours to prepare.    But since I don't have a food handlers license and they aren't equipped to staff food distribution they said thank you but no. 

I've been around this topic several times now (pre pandemic, but current homeless crisis).  It would be so easy for us PF to feed 50, 100 plus people a meal.   But without permits and govt support, we're not allowed.

Sorry for the rant, I don't have any solutions. 
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2020, 02:42:45 PM »

JD what a wonderful way to “share some sunshine”, VERY nice.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up