Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: It Just Got Real  (Read 9572 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: It Just Got Real
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2020, 06:27:21 PM »

Now there is a story that tigers at the NY Zoo have covid-19.  I thought this wasn't transmittable to animals from a human.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »

One thing is for sure - from my unpopular point of view -

We are being fed, constantly, by a news media (all networks)  xxxx bent on negativity and sensationalism.

I'm through following these "stories" that are being published 24/7

I agree the media has an agenda as always.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2020, 08:31:06 PM »

Now there is a story that tigers at the NY Zoo have covid-19.  I thought this wasn't transmittable to animals from a human.
That may be a harbinger of things to come.  One of my pet peeves is people who kiss their dogs and cats or go nose to nose with them or let them lick their faces.  Makes no sense to me. I have seen people in their cars at the ice cream store, sharing ice cream cones with their dogs.  Perhaps one of the reasons that the CV is so contagious is that perhaps our pets may act as carriers as well. Seems likely now in view of the above. And yes I am a pet owner.  Keep your fingers crossed, this may turn into a bigger nightmare than we expected, (if we ignore these possibilities). Hopefully I am just paranoid, but until the facts are known?

ICIdaho

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2020, 09:00:03 PM »

One thing is for sure - from my unpopular point of view -

We are being fed, constantly, by a news media (all networks)  xxxx bent on negativity and sensationalism.

I'm through following these "stories" that are being published 24/7

Not unpopular with the vast majority of people I know....but, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  The silent majority needs to be louder.  My Grandpa, who lived in the Great Depression, was a vet that had harrowing stories, lived to 94, would be shocked at how weak and scared the populous has become.  I have personally flooded every politician who represents my area with my opinion lately.  Too many have become scared of the shared human experience where we must manage risk, and navigate it, to maintain a better future for our children.  Just wait until everyone figures out how many people a year die from the little round wheel....

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2020, 07:23:12 AM »

I too have written all my state and federal representatives.  I am shocked, I tell you shocked, that not one has responded.  :pig:
I am with your grandpa.

JoeGrilling

« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2020, 12:36:38 PM »

I forwarded the article on the Bronx Zoo to my daughter in NYC last night.  She is a veterinary resident at Animal Medical Center in NYC.   She sent me the following link with recommendation by the AVMA:

https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 01:51:01 PM by Bentley »

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2020, 05:23:11 PM »

I am not a fan of Fox News so I am surprising myself in sharing this.  But at some point, I don't care whether it is CNN,BBC, ABC or Fox -- I look at the content.  I am afraid that folks have been willing to drink the cool-aid too long and they are going to kill our country economically just to save face.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative?fbclid=IwAR0VO9A7VaIGJUP-qZLwX-czgvApJGh0UVjeRRfQ3VB-VizVK75MK8kOHCU

ICIdaho

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2020, 06:00:37 PM »

I am not a fan of Fox News so I am surprising myself in sharing this.  But at some point, I don't care whether it is CNN,BBC, ABC or Fox -- I look at the content.  I am afraid that folks have been willing to drink the cool-aid too long and they are going to kill our country economically just to save face.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative?fbclid=IwAR0VO9A7VaIGJUP-qZLwX-czgvApJGh0UVjeRRfQ3VB-VizVK75MK8kOHCU

Any time I hear "the model says", I cringe.  Garbage in garbage out.  Shutting down a 22 trillion dollar economy because of a computer model built off of wildly speculative information is insane.  It is past time that leaders lead, and doctors heal.  I think they are relishing way to much time in front of the camera.

Trooper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2020, 06:44:45 PM »

Well, I'm out and about this morning and I hear on the radio news that our county (Ottawa County - MI  Pop. 286,000) has suffered it's first death from COVID-19. A 70 year old woman who also had a underlining health issue. (Whatever that was)

So the whole dang County,= school, churches, businesses, and whatever have been shut down for about three weeks.
We're must not even be allowed to talk about going back to work. Govt. is sending checks.

The only thing increasing in this area is a high rise in domestic disturbances.

As I said in my "Over the cliff" topic on March 14  "We've turned the corner. Normal life will absolutely NOT return."

You see, our Country will be run in the future by a committee of "Experts".
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 06:57:20 PM by Trooper »
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2020, 04:29:52 AM »

OK, now we will really start to see what some people view as essential. Our governor has just said stores cannot sell garden supplies, housewares and the like. My question is whether or not pellets are considered essential. I will be curious to see if the box stores can sell them or not. I am getting low and worried people will start hoarding pellets like TP!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:08:08 AM by Kristin Meredith »

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2020, 08:11:34 AM »

In our Dictatorship of PA, the government has now taken control of all medical supplies related to China 19. All places that have PPE, drugs and other equipment have to inventory it and send it to them and they will commandeer it and move it to where they feel the need is the greatest. Which means all the larger cities, so if small towns/counties like where I live do have a need for it they are F'd because it has been moved out to where Pema thought it was needed more. The last I heard I believe there are 8 or 9 cases here, which is really amazing when you think about it as there is a turnpike exchange here with people getting off for food and gas.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2020, 08:17:17 AM »

Interesting.  Ground zero and they didn't need it.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/washington-state-to-return-centurylink-field-hospital-to-feds?fbclid=IwAR0EcEjIFYAEOcu0TTcQyOEjZE-4FCC4CNCXVXMqyrTTopFHnUnV2N4P9z4

Can not imagine the expense and manpower to set all that up, probably took longer to set up and tear down than it was actually open for use.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2020, 07:30:14 PM »

Interesting.  Ground zero and they didn't need it.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/washington-state-to-return-centurylink-field-hospital-to-feds?fbclid=IwAR0EcEjIFYAEOcu0TTcQyOEjZE-4FCC4CNCXVXMqyrTTopFHnUnV2N4P9z4

Can not imagine the expense and manpower to set all that up, probably took longer to set up and tear down than it was actually open for use.

In the same vien, I just read this about New York:  "On Friday, new hospitalizations ticked up slightly, but not enough to alter the curve — which, as Cuomo noted, “is much, much lower than any of [the models] projected.”....  If current trends continue — total current hospitalizations should hover right around 18,000 to 20,000 for a while, well under the state’s expanded, 90,000-bed hospital capacity."

Wow, you went through the expense of converting conference centers and churches and all sorts of places when you really were never going to exceed the beds you had. (NY had 23,000 beds before the virus) Why?  Because you blindly followed a "projection" that was flawed and was determined to be flawed over two weeks ago and let yourself be govern by panic and fear.
 Glad these guys weren't in charge of WWII.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up