Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by SmokinHandyman on 29 Apr 2020
  • Bought my first vialdalia onions for the year.
    Do any of you love themas much as me?
  • #2 by Bentley on 29 Apr 2020
  • They are very good, but I love any kind of onion! Raw or cooked!
  • #3 by cookingjnj on 29 Apr 2020
  • Luv em
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Apr 2020
  • Eat them by the ton, I love them so much!
  • #5 by pmillen on 29 Apr 2020
  • I constantly look for them in Nebraska.  They may come in but they are gone overnight.
  • #6 by Bentley on 29 Apr 2020
  • Do you ever eat the Walla Walla or the Maui varieties?

Bought my first vialdalia onions for the year.
  • #7 by pmillen on 29 Apr 2020

Never heard of them.  I think my grocers only label the Vidalia variety.
  • #8 by GREG-B on 30 Apr 2020
  • We get a lot of Walla Walla sweets around here but they are pretty short lived.  I like a burger with a 1 to 1 ratio meat to onion.  I've even make a walla walla sweet sandwich. :lick:
  • #9 by SmokinHandyman on 30 Apr 2020

Bought my first vialdalia onions for the year.

I have never seen them in central Illinois.
  • #10 by okie smokie on 30 Apr 2020
  • We get a lot of Walla Walla sweets around here but they are pretty short lived.  I like a burger with a 1 to 1 ratio meat to onion.  I've even make a walla walla sweet sandwich. :lick:
    Back in the 1920's, my dad was one of 4 kids living with his father on a farm in Oklahoma. They were not farmers, as his father owned a little clothing store in nearby town.  Father thought they would do better farming.  Not so. My father said that he and his brothers left the farm (ran off) because they were down to eating onion sandwiches. He was 14 when he left. His older brother had left two years before. They had about 7 years of school.  His older brother went to work for Swift and Co. in Omaha, Nebr and retired some 40+ years later as an executive. My father worked the oilfields for a while but it was too dangerous for a young boy alone.  Many were murdered for their paychecks on Friday. My father self educated and was a successful salesman.  They both did well for starting off with onion sandwiches (No really sweet onions back then).  Doubt that a 14 year old could make it on his own now. :2cents
Pages:
Actions