Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serious Question  (Read 2060 times)

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
Re: Serious Question
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »

The masks do not have a check valve that allows the virus to go one way and not the other. They are not one way. The virus can enter your body through your eyes, ears, mouth and nose. The virus mostly leaves your body through your mouth and nose. When someone wears a mask correctly, and they are contagious, most of the contagion is caught in the mask. Any contagion that makes it by the mask can enter another person through their eyes, ears, nose and mouth, unless they are wearing a mask. Then they are less susceptible to breathing it in, but they can still get infected if it enters their eyes or ears. Catching the contagion before it enters the air is more effective than trying prevent it from entering your body by wearing a mask, hence the diagram I posted is correct although the actual percentages are subjective. In other words, the mask covers most of the ways a wearer can transmit the virus, but only 1/2 of the avenues the wearer can contract it and the type of mask makes a difference in the amount of the virus it catches.

What he said!
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2020, 02:51:19 PM »

The masks do not have a check valve that allows the virus to go one way and not the other. They are not one way. The virus can enter your body through your eyes, ears, mouth and nose. The virus mostly leaves your body through your mouth and nose. When someone wears a mask correctly, and they are contagious, most of the contagion is caught in the mask. Any contagion that makes it by the mask can enter another person through their eyes, ears, nose and mouth, unless they are wearing a mask. Then they are less susceptible to breathing it in, but they can still get infected if it enters their eyes or ears. Catching the contagion before it enters the air is more effective than trying prevent it from entering your body by wearing a mask, hence the diagram I posted is correct although the actual percentages are subjective. In other words, the mask covers most of the ways a wearer can transmit the virus, but only 1/2 of the avenues the wearer can contract it and the type of mask makes a difference in the amount of the virus it catches.

What he said!

So you both feel comfortable getting within say 2 feet of another person wearing a mask?

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2020, 02:56:05 PM »

So you both feel comfortable getting within say 2 feet of another person wearing a mask?

What orifice did you pull that out of? I never implied any such thing, but if I am in a grocery store and someone walks within 2 feet of me, I'd much rather them be wearing a mask than not.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:58:22 PM by slaga »
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2020, 02:58:49 PM »

What orifice did you pull that out of? I never implied any such thing.

Just asking a question, but I take it from your defensive, somewhat offensive, non-response that the answer is "no" and you still distance yourself 6 feet from another mask wearer.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »

A) My comment was no more offensive than your "getting competent medical advice from Facebook" dig at me. Civility is a 2-way street.
B) You are correct. I still practice 6' social distancing as much as I can, and wear a mask indoors in places where I may not be able to control the social distancing as much. I plan to continue that until the majority choose not to wear a mask, whenever that may be.
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up